Brand New Rim

jacobn48

I have a hyper cruiser that developed a noise in the hub.
I bought a replacement wheel and tried it out and I notice it humping as I ride.
Does anone know of a video that shows you how to tighten up a new wheel?
I can move the spokes if I really squeeze, they dont feel as tight.
Is this normal or a bad wheel out of the box? I have regular tools only to fix this.

Attachments

JerboaJohn

look on YouTube for truing bicycle wheel

it's easy. take it off the bike. basically equally loosening the 2 or 4 spokes at each low point 1/2 turn and tighten the closest 2 or 4 at high points 1/2 to full turn will remove egg shaping to the wheel. then it should be spun and looked at on edge to see if its straight.

if it took a hit and got a good ding you might not be able to fix it by spoke tension

jacobn48

yeah I just popped my tube.. and one of the crappy spokes. I feel like if you buy a rim it should be ready to work. I'm returning it.. it gave my bike a bump.. do these wheels work with a hyper cruiser? is it difficult to mount the caliper on a cruiser with coaster brakes?
Screenshot_2019-06-29-11-40-09.png

jacobn48

look on YouTube for truing bicycle wheel

it's easy. take it off the bike. basically equally loosening the 2 or 4 spokes at each low point 1/2 turn and tighten the closest 2 or 4 at high points 1/2 to full turn will remove egg shaping to the wheel. then it should be spun and looked at on edge to see if its straight.

if it took a hit and got a good ding you might not be able to fix it by spoke tension

would a expensive rim be worth it to the bikes frame? or would you just buy a new bicycle?