Brand New Rim

jacobn48

Local time
8:43 AM
I have a hyper cruiser that developed a noise in the hub.
I bought a replacement wheel and tried it out and I notice it humping as I ride.
Does anone know of a video that shows you how to tighten up a new wheel?
I can move the spokes if I really squeeze, they dont feel as tight.
Is this normal or a bad wheel out of the box? I have regular tools only to fix this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-21-11-22-55.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-21-11-22-55.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 20190628_172714.jpg
    20190628_172714.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 355
look on YouTube for truing bicycle wheel

it's easy. take it off the bike. basically equally loosening the 2 or 4 spokes at each low point 1/2 turn and tighten the closest 2 or 4 at high points 1/2 to full turn will remove egg shaping to the wheel. then it should be spun and looked at on edge to see if its straight.

if it took a hit and got a good ding you might not be able to fix it by spoke tension

yeah I just popped my tube.. and one of the crappy spokes. I feel like if you buy a rim it should be ready to work. I'm returning it.. it gave my bike a bump.. do these wheels work with a hyper cruiser? is it difficult to mount the caliper on a cruiser with coaster brakes?
Screenshot_2019-06-29-11-40-09.png

look on YouTube for truing bicycle wheel

it's easy. take it off the bike. basically equally loosening the 2 or 4 spokes at each low point 1/2 turn and tighten the closest 2 or 4 at high points 1/2 to full turn will remove egg shaping to the wheel. then it should be spun and looked at on edge to see if its straight.

if it took a hit and got a good ding you might not be able to fix it by spoke tension

would a expensive rim be worth it to the bikes frame? or would you just buy a new bicycle?

Wheels are like whole bikes, 2 wheels can run you $1000 if you want. Just depends on your choices and situation. My only thoughts are cheapest isn't always bestest when it comes to bike parts. I tend to try to get quality included in the price even if it means more $$$.

Lookup wheels on ebay, I'll bet there are thousands to choose from. Those mags above look really neat and should serve you well, plus the price is really decent too for 2 wheels. Wonder if they're plastic or cast metal. Some of those cast metal ones can be made out of cheapass pot metal which is not good. Same for the plastic ones if not made well.

Back