Break In Break In alternative

When you break in a engine you shouldn't rev it too high also you should not keep it at constant rev range or speed for too long......

you should move up the rev range and down the rev range under load every motor will have a diffrent spot where it sings alone nicely depending how it was broken etc

Chieflets

OK lets see here HMMMMMMMMMM you have an air cooled 2 stroke engine Vs a water cooled engine strike one
high quality seals and gaskets VS match book cardboard strike two
No oil pump gas and oil are pre mixed strike three

No I do not think I want to take any short cuts breaking in these little pot metal engines but I will be taking bets if you want to take the short cuts $$$$ 8) :LOL:

Cookie

Yes, run it hard but vary rpms and engine load in short bursts with cooldowns. This is a proven break in method that will get you a powerful engine that will last a long time. Babying a 2 stroke won't get you anywhere but glazed rings, poorly mated surfaced, never achieving full compression etc...

Tell me this, how do you folks break in your 2 stroke chains saws or your 4 stroke lawnmower? Do you let it idle for several tanks? No, you go out and use it and by the nature of their use, the engine load is varied and break in takes care of itself.

so when im riding i should do little bursts for like a second and them wait like 30 seconds and do it again

No, not bursts for a second. What you need to do is drive having fun with your new toy but vary engine speed. Once my engine is warmed up, I'll start up by going full throttle up a hill for a couple of minutes and then turning around and going downhill at at idle or engine running off to heat temper the innards.. I'll repeat this about a dozen or so times and increase the distance with each subsequent uphill.

Read this link before you ask any more questions: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Break in

What I did with mine was ride it kind of slow for about 10 miles then started reving it up a little highter and up hills then drive a long distance for about 15 miles at medium rev then run it full blast for about 10 seconds the next day, and ride it regular. Now after about a tank and a half I just ride it anyway I want. I still use 7oz of oil not synthetic. per gallon though. After my third tank I plan on reducing the amout of oil then riding it any way I want.

Back