"break in" bike

i know yall say ya dont really have to break in but im gonna get every thing right with my engine before i retrofit it to my long bike, but here are some pics of what its on right now......i bought it for $5 so it aint pretty but it works, well sorta...it lurges for about 30 seconds then dies have no idea why. the only thing i didnt do yet was hook up the kill switch, would that make a difference? idk
2165_brodies_cam_003_1.jpg

2165_brodies_cam_004_1.jpg

2165_brodies_cam_002_1.jpg

its not on my long bike yet because the 80cc is a tad bigger than what i thought so...i got to cut the down tube out and move it forward, oh well small price to pay i guess!?

Small price to pay

Ya, you should be able to just cut that bad boy appart and re-weld it. Easy job. Ofcourse I do not know how to weld or anything about it, but that is a cool ass bike.

i dont know my carb settings havent touched anyhing out of the box. and as far asair leaking idk how can you tell?

irish13 said:
i dont know my carb settings havent touched anyhing out of the box. and as far asair leaking idk how can you tell?

tighten all your bolts around the intake and exhuast gaskets, make sure their is no visible holes or cracks in the gasket.

install a in line fuel filter to prevent any dirt and stuff from entering your carb.

as for carb settings, there is a brass slide inside with a needle and a clip to adjust the fuel to air mixture. there are pictures/diagrams in other posts in different topics. i cant find them at the moment. someone will

Usually when we hear the "it goes for a few miles and then dies" it means that the needle in the seat above the float inside the carb has some tiny bits of gunk making it stick and preventing the needle from moving.

you need to take the carb apart, take off the brass piece and slide the needle out, and blow through the needle housing to release the dirt in there.

Going forward you will need to put a particulate filter in your fuel line to stop any more gunk from getting in there.

sideshowsideswipe said:
Going forward you will need to put a particulate filter in your fuel line to stop any more gunk from getting in there.

Also removing the petcock from the tank and throwing the useless filter in the end as far as you can..........

Sounds like you are leaving the choke on or shutting it off too soon. On both my bikes I have to use full choke, then as soon as it fires move the choke lever down a third or so and run it for a minute like that.

Try continuous peddaling while you move the choke from full to half.

Back