Break in for new members (china girl 49cc)

Local time
4:12 PM
Good evening,

This thread is for those who are new to motorized bicycle building and inside this thread we will teach you the proper break in process after you have assembled your bike and made several extensive checks before your first ride into the sunset on break in period:

Here are some few things that must be checked after assembly:

1) Make sure your sprocket chain sprocket is as aligned as possible.

In your manual it says that there should be only 1.5mm of side to side play in both directions but is actually very minimal compared to others with historical experience should only be 4mm max.

This can be either checked by the naked eye for side to side play or using a screw driver just below the teeth.

If you have evenly torqued down your rag joint and is still not straight enough take a rubber 3lb mallet after using your screw driver to find where it is out of alignment.

Give your sprocket while installed on the bike a light to intermediate pound then recheck it with your screw driver til straight which will decrease side to side play.

Checking tensioner pitch angle:

sometimes depending on your bikes shape a stock tensioner may be pitched at a too aggressive angle which if driven will Result in chipping of the factory tensioner, premature wearing of the roller, or chain throw under high speed.

How do I check the pitch?

Once the tension is applied if the chain touches both sides of the edges dismount the tensioner put into a vice and slightly bend it hair by hair until the roller is reinstalled and does not touch both sides.

Once all is said and done your ready for the last precautionary steps break in.

The first concern on hand is pre mixing your fuel to 16:1 which is 8oz of oil in 1 gallons worth of gas.

Before starting your bike, if you have press in headphones and like to listen to music at the same time download this app to promote proper break in.

This app is called "Speed Warning" by Oshiy which can be found inside your Android playstore.

This app helps you meet the mph criteria without overdoing the specifications during the break in period and is GPS verified please make sure you turn on all the functions as shown in the photo below:

Screenshot_20171126-141100.png

This app makes a distinct delayed beep warning sound once you hit the criteria marks of 20km/h which is 12.7 mph but can be rationed up to 15mph for the first 500 km which is approximately 311.00 miles which is rounded to the nearest tenth.

After break in you are able to increase the km/h to 35 which is about 22 mph rounded to the nearest tenth.

Once fully broke in you can change your oil ratio up to 32:1....

Never fully open your engine up (Wot) for more then 5-7 seconds, wide open throttle is not recommended period until additional 100 miles after the break in period.

In theory always break in your engine on conventional 2 stroke oil during break in as seen across wide platform of the automotive industry it has been documented that synthetic during break in can promote improper seating of the rings.

However, the manual specifies synthetic from personal experiences across wide platform I recommend using synthetic after broke in..

Thanks stay tuned for updates.

https://flipagram.com/f/1JE8s3yyNzB

Dude all this information is all ready on the site and more accurate,some of your methods are dangerous and we dont want to give newbs false info that can get them hurt!Hitting the sprocket with a mallet is not good you could potentaily casuse a serious failure,And 4mm out ?Sorry but you do not yet posess the knoladge or experiance to be telling others how.

None are false.... PERIOD ACCURACY ROUNDED TO THE TENTH.

f**k OFF MY POST MANUAL INFORMATION PROVIDED WITH PROPER CONVERSION FOR KMH TO MPH AND KM TO MILES.

Last I f***ing checked someone on this damn forum stated on my earlier posts of 4mm Max and a damn mallet does the same sh*t as a f***ing box crescent wrench so again go f**k your self.

The method is given on YouTube and if you got a problem with alignment talk to crass..

My sh*t is straight as an arrow and manuals don't fkn lie plus previous forum users who help in certain areas.

Could give a f**k less what you think saves noob's time of listening to process complainers like you.

Do your research!

Last I checked this is Chinese which means it's not without flaws, you can get a sprocket slightly warped out the box..:mad::mad::mad::p:p:p:eek:
Another narcissist fails to see the reality.I saw a guy stick a fire cracker up his nose and lite it and since it was on You Tube it must be good to do right?What happens when some one beats on their sprocket and fractures the hub flange doing so do you think they will notice it right then or when the wheel lets go at what ever speed they happen to be at.Or their chain jumps off because they thought 4mm out was ok.These manuals you refer to as not being wrong are losely translated from chiness and really not that good they are more for people like you LOL.

Another narcissist fails to see the reality.I saw a guy stick a fire cracker up his nose and lite it and since it was on You Tube it must be good to do right?What happens when some one beats on their sprocket and fractures the hub flange doing so do you think they will notice it right then or when the wheel lets go at what ever speed they happen to be at.Or their chain jumps off because they thought 4mm out was ok.These manuals you refer to as not being wrong are losely translated from chiness and really not that good they are more for people like you LOL.

There's more people with a button like mine too called (ignored) I'm going for ride who gives a damn.

Second I won't take sh*t from an e bike lover! Get to electric tree huggin hind parts on....

Anyway mallet won't do harm no one said wamm at full force and everyone knows no wheels made the same.... this is a steel wheel. Not carbon fiber.
Yeah I build ebikes,scooters,pocket bikes,and others along with the MB's of witch I've built well over 100 with little to no issue.Steel breaks too especaily there if you had the experiance you would know this.My personal rides weather it be electric or gas are custom builds both based on the same frame and purpose built by me for me so I can go find a tree to hug LOL.

Attachments

• 2014-05-13 21.31.14.jpg
    2014-05-13 21.31.14.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 2017-08-02 00.19.17.jpg
    2017-08-02 00.19.17.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 212
Yeah I build ebikes,scooters,pocket bikes,and others along with the MB's of witch I've built well over 100 with little to no issue.Steel breaks too especaily there if you had the experiance you would know this.My personal rides weather it be electric or gas are custom builds both based on the same frame and purpose built by me for me so I can go find a tree to hug LOL.
I think we have found tuctapegoat and inspectorcritics long lost brother. Hard to get that sap out of flannel ay.

I don't know if this does you any good up there but bicycle motor works is selling full zeda kits for 99 bucks and bicycle-engines.com is selling zeda in tank frames full rollers with mag wheels and disc forks for 369. I just bought three bikes and 4 engines. Shipping might screw you though.

Back