Break In Break in help!

MarkM

Local time
12:11 AM
OK guys, I'm the nube, or is that noob, what ever. I'm going to start my engine for the first time tomorrow and I need to know exactly how many ounces of oil do I add to a gallon to make it 20 to 1. The chart on the bottle of 2 stroke oil does not give that ratio. It goes from /16 to 1// to /32 to 1/ and so on.

My bike is a boygofast 66cc engine. The manual gives break in mixtures for 48cc and 80cc. So I'm assuming I need to break my engine in at 20 to 1 like the 80cc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark M:D

I put in 6 oz to every gallon. I think that gives me a bit more than 20 to 1 if that's not spot on.

To get the ratio divide 128 oz. (one gallon) by the amount of ounces you want to use. For example 128 divided by 6 equals 21.333 to 1 or 21:1 rounded. To find out how many ounces you need to get a certain ratio divide 128 by the ratio you desire. For example 20:1 - 128 divided by 20 equals 6.4. You will need to add 6.4 ounces of oil to one gallon of gas to achieve a 20:1 oil/gas mix.

Get the Tech 1 small bottle from Wal-Mart. Mix with 1 gallon of gas=16:1 That'll make 2 tanks, perfect for break-in. This oil works well in the china dolls and doesn't smoke much at that level. Then run half a bottle in 1 gallon=32:1 thereafter. Works for me and is cheap and easy to mix and give great results.

what the $#%^$^ is an OZ?

heres why the rest of the world is steering towards that awful metric system.

working out ratios is simple.

but then again, any fool can calculate in metric! its using pounds ounces pecks and gills that honed the british mind and built the british empire!

lol! i get Km/L !!!!!

pints...oh no... (enter music mode...)

:D(y)so i have sixteen pints of rum, then i go boom boom boom!!!!:D(y)

darn tootin shell go boom boom boom!! thats near ten litres of rum! taking an imperial to be 600ml or so...i think...ooooh! a conversion chart! maybe i should go look?

Back