Break In Break-in (Or lack there of)

MorbidMentality

Local time
1:03 AM
Hello again everyone,

I'm very sorry if these specific circumstances were already addressed, I searched the forum and couldn't relate anything I found to my situation.

I have assembled my bike without much hassle.

I'll come right out and admit it, I did not follow the break-in instructions as well as I should have. I have run the bike for about an hour (Collectively, about 20mins at a time) and there were points where I was WOT for extended periods of time. Now, I have not experienced any notable mechanical malfunctions (except for my fuel mixture being slightly too rich).

My question is: What should I do now after familiarizing myself with correct "Break-in" procedures? Should I keep following these rules and take it easy for the first two tanks? Or have I already done some kind of "Irreversible damage" to my kit?

Thanks in advance. :)

The best thing is to run the correct fuel mixture, 24/1 is good for break in. If you have not run it at wot. for a long time it should be ok. The break in process is to let the parts "seat " to their mating surfaces, running it hard all the time can damage the piston and cylinder. That being said some people have run theirs wot. from the start with no ill effects, but what I've learner is to vary the throttle and make short runs not letting the engine get too hot.

Back