Break In Break in Secrets

wot break in

When ever I get a new bike together I will take it easy for the first tank of gas and than after that I just drive normal and never have any problems

When ever I get a new bike together I will take it easy for the first tank of gas and than after that I just drive normal and never have any problems

I guess you didn't use the link posted earlier and read the article
'Break in secrets"

Quite compelling evidence that your method is NOT the best for a strong running reliable engine.

Wayne Z

Babying a brand new engine, for the first tank especially, is not good for it at all. I am not suggesting to ride the pezz out of it either, just read the link and you will understand.......

My break-in secrets are as follows:

- Use dino oil on first tank/gallon and then whatever you want from then on out.
- Synthetic might not be all that beneficial in a 2-stroke... most say that the benefit of synthetic doesn't come until it's hit 3,000 miles.
- Always mix your earl right!

It's all about the earl.

The piston rings have to see the motor under a load or they chatter when breaking in. This in turn breaks the rings in wrong where don't and never seat any better as that is the wear pattern your stuck with.

Back