Break in

That ? is like asking what oil is the best, you'll get a 100 different answers and none are wrong. I always drive it normally but just don't WOT it until over 100 miles. That way of thinking has served me well. Remember WOT isn't good for a HS motor if it isn't rev limited. They have grenaded on folks in here over the years. Congrats on your new 53cc motor. Great MAB motors!

Use a regular non-synthetic oil for the first 100 miles or so, then switch over to synthetic. That way the rings will seat properly. If you start with synthetic, they never will and you'll have problems with blow-by.

I'm still waiting for mine to asplode, I have a bad habit of riding tucked down WOT like I'm in the MotoGP.

ASPLODE O<O we can asplode oh god i never knew this welp guess i'm in trouble cause i only know one speed FULL SPEED LOL

still trying to install cruise control so i don't have to hold the throttle

Use a regular non-synthetic oil for the first 100 miles or so, then switch over to synthetic. That way the rings will seat properly. If you start with synthetic, they never will and you'll have problems with blow-by.
I used to think like that about dino oil for the 1st few miles. Do you know most car manufacturers use syn oil from the factory now.

Good advice here, I like to do short runs on any new engine, 2 or 4 stroke. I put it through a couple of heat and cool cycles before I do longer distances. It may not do anything but has worked so far.

Back