Break in

I used to think like that about dino oil for the 1st few miles. Do you know most car manufacturers use syn oil from the factory now.
That's because they seat the rings on a spin-tron first. They assemble the engine except for the oil pan, fasten it to a rig that circulates oil and spins the crankshaft. After X amount of time to seat the rings, they put the pan on and fill with oil. Any "break-in" period (usually 500 miles) is to get the trans and rear end worn in.

I just realized my clutch lever has a lock button. Thanks for bringing it up! Now I can use it.
I really don't advise using it lol. Might be great for multiple mile country roads with no intersections. Major downside to it: you might not react fast enough if you suddenly encounter a hazard in front of you.
Edit: re-reading your post, sounds like you just didn't know about the lock button on your clutch lever, not that you want to use it as a throttle with cruise control :ROFLMAO:.

A cruise control could maybe be made with a ratcheting wrench. Not a socket wrench but a ratcheting wrench if that makes sense. Then to release just flip it in reverse?

Heat-cycling the engine and avoid long idle is the ticket. Load that thing.

A Drainzit HON1010 can make oil changes easier.

I am definently going to have to get one of those..... Just changed oil for 2 time and damn it got everywhere... Oh and what's the oil weight I should be using. Think I put in 5w 30 and how much should I put in I just been filling it till it starts coming out the fill hole

Yeah, not the friendliest platform for oil changes. Before I got the Drainzit, I had to remove my engine for every oil change because there's no clearance in my bike's small frame with a shift kit mount. Even unscrewing and removing the dipstick on my setup requires great patience. Some people use a vacuum pump rather than draining the oil because it's more convenient and less messy. That leaves more used oil in the engine case then I feel comfortable with, but it seems to work fine for those that use a pump.

IMO, 5w30 is too thin, but it most likely is just fine. These little industrial engines are made to run on straight 30 weight; thicker oils have more shear strength, but thin oils are better for fuel efficiency and power. 10w30 would be the thinnest oil I'd recommend, I run 15w40 Shell Rotella on mine. It takes a quarter of a quart, so 8oz.

I use a giant syringe with some fish tank air line on the end to suck up my oil. Works great to get into all the corners, and no mess.

Back