Break-in

There are a couple school of thought about break in. I’ve always raced mine to bed in the cylinder. The theory is that it’s less likely to buff from being too gentle. You’re bedding in the rings and being too gentle will just buff out the cross hatch. There’s a lot of heat generated so vary the speed and load and don’t run up to peak RPM for a hundred miles or so. Don’t let it sit at idle, not enough oil flow. Use Dino oil. My engines that get bedded in like this has always outperformed others. My stage 2 Harley kept up with bored and stroked motors.

Ol so question the governor gear on the crack shaft does it have to b installed or will it work with out that drive

Na it's been removed so that gear dont need to b in there right
Ya, if you don't take it out the plastic gear can have a melt down and do other damage. I take the flywheel off and knock the pin out from that side. Then replace the pin with an appropriate size bolt, you can just thread it into the block without tapping, same as on top for the throttle bar.

Some guys go as far as pulling the crank and taking the other gear off, but it's metal and won't come apart and hurt anything.

But the reason for the question is cause when I was working on removing the bearing from the crankshaft I f***ed the gear up and wanted to know if it would b ok if it didnt have one

But the reason for the question is cause when I was working on removing the bearing from the crankshaft I f***ed the gear up and wanted to know if it would b ok if it didnt have one
You're okay if it's not touching the case in anyway. If it's bent and touching the case then it will have to come out because it will create filings that will eff your motor.

Back