Breaking in bike that sat 4 years

icecreamwill

Local time
3:43 AM
Getting my old “green dragon” back in action. She’s a china cruiser 66cc kit.
carb is missing the c washer (with the slot, not the adjustable clip), but she still ran back then and again this week. New carb comes in today, looking forward to seeing the difference.
Question: is my motor f*****ed? I don’t recall if I mixed oil the initial build, but only ever ran about 1 gallon in that before storing it (college!). Now I have a proper mix for break in and am hoping the engine will run better with the new carb.
thanks in advance for tips.
Ps also getting a new chain tensioner will update

You might put some oil in the spark plug hole and turn it a bunch by hand to help lube it up before you start it, to help with lubrication until the fuel gets in it. Also put some down the intake tube so the crank is oiled. Not a ton, just enough to moisten it.

I’ve ran it a few times, seems ok but can’t get to a very high speed. The gas/oil mix should have ran enough by now to get some oil in there. When I get to around 10-15mph, I don’t have any more power, even if I turn throttle more. Just kinda clips out, motor sounds unhappy.
hopefully tuning the new carb should help. I’m sea level

I’ve ran it a few times, seems ok but can’t get to a very high speed. The gas/oil mix should have ran enough by now to get some oil in there. When I get to around 10-15mph, I don’t have any more power, even if I turn throttle more. Just kinda clips out, motor sounds unhappy.
hopefully tuning the new carb should help. I’m sea level

It might be an air leak somewhere, such as he head gasket or bottom cyl gasket. If a paper towel blows from air coming out from the engine when you put it near the gaskets, then you found your problem.

So ur chinese engine is not well? When has china done anything well? Say no to china

Your computer and cell phone were made in China. ;)

Plus... all of these engine kits are Chinese btw... so I don't know what you are trying to say?

Well if it's been sitting for 6 years you'll probably wanna use Mechanic in Bottle design for ressurection of the dead.
Pour an ounce in pump the primer button let sit overnight.
You can find it at Walmart in the garden section, just tried it in mine wasn't fantastic, but your situation sounds more applicable than mine.

Thank you for the tips.
Couldn’t find a c washer, so the $11 new Carb on amazon was easy. Runs much better now, but I am curious about tuning the adjustable clip on the needle. It’s defaulted to center.

I think ordering new gaskets would be a good decision and will give me a chance to clean it up too and make sure everything is sealed. That and front brakes are next on my list.
Lastly, I still experience uncomfortable vibrations at higher throttles on this cheap kit. Are there any easy ways to mitigate?

So ur chinese engine is not well? When has china done anything well? Say no to china
Sadly the Chinese are doing a lot of stuff well thanks to the crappy trade deals we had with them for years. Just letting them steal all our tech and then selling it right back to us. Just like those face masks We shipped to them to help them out in this crisis that they are now selling back to us at $5 each.

Back