Briggs 4 stroke questions and possiable solutions?

Local time
2:21 AM
Reincarnation of "Carmen Electra"

Instead of the Amsterdam now I have a Magna.....

IMAG0277.jpg

Here is some possible questions I need answered and or solutions I need.

As you can see I came up with a solution out of the old parts from the Electra which is transplanted on the Magna.

List of issues:

On the left hand side pedal I would need to Mount a pulley between the pedal and the axle would it be possible to buy a square tapered pulley pull the crank on the left side and grind down to a 1/2 inch?

I have no clearance issues but may need longer pedals it will be a direct drive on the old jm 3/4 clutch which will turn the pedals but will have a manual tension rod to disengage the belt system in case the throttle might stick.

The 90° carb elbow "removed already" will be chopped to create the proper bend but still allow usage of the OEM carb.

In addition I am also in need of a wheel replacement I have several sets of standard 26's but only one set of disc brake wheels Can a brake caliper be mounted at the two screws found in this photo on the back?
IMAG0278.jpg

Below is my 100% true junk yard find
IMAG0279.jpg
IMAG0280.jpg
IMAG0276.jpg
IMAG0275.jpg

I never did like how close the intake and exhaust ports are on that engine, makes heat wrap a must. Never a good thing to heat up your a/f mixture before it enters.

I never did like how close the intake and exhaust ports are on that engine, makes heat wrap a must. Never a good thing to heat up your a/f mixture before it enters.

If where speaking about the carb its getting moved as for the rest I see what you mean kind of boils the gas inside the carbuerator while sucking it's own fumes back up under a paper filter.

But that's about 5 to 10% take away from its effectiveness still hands down will out power my 80cc with less chance of throwing a rod.

We should be addressing fitting a pulley on the non bike driven side most of all at this point.

This is a hop and a skip from done once I spill out 10 for a new muffler the old spitting ones going on the Briggs as it mildly leaks around the neck of the muffler flange.

Most of all I am dropping the 29ner 700c's I found the brake mounting adapter dirt cheap for disc brake conversions.

Not to mention a caliper set for less then $24.00

Pretty much this bike is a reinvention of a semi automatic jackless shaft bike.

It will run on its chain gears built into the bike but without bike berry's insane price the pulleys line right up just got to drill 3 new holes and make a second L bracket up where the gas tank use to be... it has a threaded area that qualifies tough enough to become a squish lower tube neck mount.

Last edited:

Update on the reincarnation of Carmen...

Got her mounted, crocked however but centered will need to pull out an extra bracket for perfect alignment.

As well I broke my new cutter wheel so I had to cut aluminium carbs neck with a freaken wood saw ⊙,⊙...

She's ready to fire for on body test after I Find the intake gasket that fell off for the most part I dumped a hint of gas in the carb and she fired for a few seconds.

IMAG0282.jpg

Looking good.

The main challenge part is mounting a pulley and extending the left crank pedal the side with no chain ring.

Not because of clearance issues mainly because I need to pass as motor assistance to be road legal
As a 50cc can be 3HP of the bat ou the box.

It has a square type axle.... any metal/ strength tube recommendations? Has to extend between 2-3 Inches to where I could bolt on a pulley.

If this works well, I need to give my a80 a break got damn Chinese after fixing the exhaust 99.9% via stick weld.

Tell why we get I fired up I heard it run then it randomly stalled it was a 55f start up, after I fired again I heard a ping... and I tell you what I fired it again and I heard a ping.

Guess what "old slant eyes" gave me a warped head.

I got it right enough to get to work tomorrow but them acorns gotta come off I can see the gap between the head and the gasket.

I think it's the block and not the head though....

Runs fine but I'll ride her til the Briggs is ready.

So what metal do you recommend I'm thinking of threading square tube to fit the pedal back on with pulley or stick weld onto the axle.

Problem is if the bearings go they can't be replaced as the screw cups on that side.

Get a sbp sealed bearing bottom bracket. They make them in different widths and aren't too expensive. Great upgrade even if not using for a jackshaft kit.

Get a sbp sealed bearing bottom bracket. They make them in different widths and aren't too expensive. Great upgrade even if not using for a jackshaft kit.

Dear Dan, what is a good department store to find "reverse threaded pipe" as well in addition what is the typical box store crank arm socket size for say if I wanted to remove the arm.

If it's steel some tack welding could be useful. I mean the bikes mint.

Back