briggs and stratten 212cc engine

mr bee

Local time
5:45 PM
I have a like new briggs and stratten 212 cc engine that looks very close to the predator 212cc, any thoughts on this?

id like to use if it bolts up and can use the low head cover , I have the 2.4 gal fuel tank 26" frame from kings with a springer front end, id like to go with the track style look,i also like the engine kit that ghettobike sells, very nice, thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
you will have to use the lower head cover on your engine but you will want to either take off the oil shut off ( which will shut off your engine if you don't have enough oil in it) and replace it with a blowout valve or just poke a small hole just a bit smaller than a headphone jack on a phone on the highest point on the side. i went with the poking a hole method and it works absurdly well so i recommend this way. you will need to do this because i found out the hard way that if you don't you will have something pop out which is NOT good. you will also need a 90 degree elbow made of metal if you are using the built in gas tank.if you have any questions just ask me! i went through all of the trouble already.

Great engines, better quality than the predator since they are "name brand" commercial engines and are more robust. Most have no internal governor (just the linkage arm and throttle return spring setup) so just need to install a standard carb and remove the arm to get over 3600rpm - don't have to open the engine like on a Predator. Also metal cam gears instead of plastic like some chinese 4strokes use, and a metal flywheel instead of plastic as well so no need to replace it to spin 5k rpms.

Downside is way smaller aftermarket unless you snag one of the popular jr drag or kart racing models...basically you can do a carb, port the head, and replace valve springs but good luck finding off the shelf cams if you want to go more serious with it. Predator 212 has TONS of cams to choose from and insane aftermarket for valvetrain and rotating assembly parts.

thank you both for your reply, ill keep an update as I build
I have a big bore briggs and they are awesome motors, but really way overkill for a bike.

I basically converted a bicycle to a motorcycle for it...stretched it a LOT (7in in front of seat post, 1" behind it), cut the whole back of the frame off and remade it with wider and with thick tubing, reinforced seat post with heavy wall tube rosette welded inside, replaced the head tube with a larger and thicker walled chromo mountain bike one, gusseted it, square tube lower brace and flat motor mount, Enduro front end, motorcycle tires, billet rear hub, etc. You basically have to be able to fab, cut, and weld since nothing off the shelf will work. I'm keeping pedals just for the sake of records for racing but they are totally useless and silly at that point.

Back