Broke down in the middle of nowhere, NEVER RUN YOUR ENGINE TOO HOT.

my guess was you had an airleak somewhere that caused it to run lean, that or

possibly the plug got loose which then got too hot and caused it to strip the threads?

I can not stress this enough, you've got to give your 2-stroke a break every once in a while. Especially when you f*ed up like me, running it to the point of being able to turn it off, stop, and watch light white smoke rise off the engine.

I actually ran it so hot climbing the cascade range mountains, 2,000+ feet of elevation on a country logging road without any cell service, and no civillization for miles. My spark plugs threads melted out, bent, and it shot my spark plug straight out of the bike. Now I was at least 30 miles in either direction with extreme hills from even a farm house, and I hadn't seen another car for over an hour on this dead no-lane-marking worn down country road without water, no cell service, and I had an hour of daylight left. Dense forests and a river was all I had, no power lines, not even a plane in the sky. I could hear my words echoing off the mountains around me, very peaceful, and eeirly scary. Ended up hitching a ride with some really nice fishers just before it got dark. Moral of the story, when your running for long periods of time, occasionally stop, check to see if your running hot, and if so give it a break, just 5, 10 minutes will do. It might save you from a near-death experience like mine, that night was gonna be 30 F and all I had was a hoodie.

Also, this occurred on the Nestucca River Road in Oregon if anyone is wondering, about 1-2 months ago.

Post any crazy stories you have below.
I ran mine almost 12 hours straight in 95 degrees. Went about 250 miles that day. You were way lean, these engines will run and run and run as long as air is rolling over them in a good amount, and the jetting is correct. I've ran weed eaters for 12 hours almost straight before, they never went down, our bike engines are just a larger version of a weed eater engine.

Ps I know I'm late to the show, but I just seen the post.

Back