Broke something in the muffler

uncle_punk13 said:
JosephGarcia said:
about your sig..

I know that all too well, its why I went thru so many lighting systems, when one worked i kept messing with it...

and guitars...

and normal bicycles..

computers..

cars..

I just like to mess with s***. :D

I'm NOT alone after all...

No your not, fellow Screw-It-Upper!

Oh I can't leave anything alone either, but sometimes I do know when to quit......sometimes. Mrs. Joe would tell you I "went out to check something" at least 25 times in the last two days.

heres a pic of my muffler.
904_HPIM0492_1.jpg

If you can't see it that well, here is a little diagram thingy of how it is assembled.

904_muffler_1.jpg

It is accurate down to the number of holes in that pipe dealie.

What do you guys think would happen if I removed that bolt/nut that holds that hole closed?

It should be fine like that ... if you take the end off, it will get a lot louder and you will lose backpressure :eek:
try it and see if you like it 8)
if you don't, put it back :LOL:

What will happen to my engine performance? As of now it revs too high for the speed it puts out, basically, less power. and this problem happened after something in my muffler broke. And I like keeping up with traffic :(

If you remove that, you will get a loud pipe that only works at W.O.T. and higher RPM's.

If you want better performance, romove the thing with all the holes and drill them out a bit.

Whatever broke in your m,uffler allows it to have freer flow already, (louder) but if it is revving higher, it will go faster, unless your clutch is slipping....I'd say it just sounds like it's revving higher.

You could always fix your muffler back to stock, or replace it with a new one.

Ok. so I popped the clutch disc off, and the pads are in ok condition when I compare them to some pics of teh bad ones on this site. But a small bit of grease got into the clutch and it is kinda slippery when I feel it. How do I clean this? Need to ride the bike in 2 hours.

That or carb cleaner. Use a lot of paper towels to clean it off, don't just spray and let it sit.

Back