Carby Broken Carb

WillieB

Local time
1:17 AM
I have a standard carb that came with my kit, today it broke. The metal part that holds the air filter broke in half and the filter fell off. The carb is the same as the attached picture. I have searched around but I cannot find any real details on this carb to know how to replace it, as I would like to get something better. Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• 24873162.jpg
    24873162.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 146
That's the standard NT carb, which is a decent carb when set up correctly. If money is no object, I'd go with a Dellorto, the ultimate for these engines. Read Jaguar's excellent post on this. If money IS a consideration, go with the NT "speed" carb. It is a step up performance-wise from the standard and is not much more price-wise. The main thing with these carbs is to get the needle height set correctly, and do not over-tighten the cable housing, it will distort the bore and the slide won't work smoothly.

Thank you, could you link to Jaguar's post. I am searching but don't know what to look for.

you can get a standard nt off e-bay for about $12.00, and replacing it is pretty self explanitory.
but, to upgrade, go with the nt speed carb or the more expensive delolorto.
STAY AWAY from the cns carb or the cns knock off carbs...they will give you nothing but headaches.

Back