Broken circlip equals Walk Of Shame!

The extra length on the intake isn't going to affect any of that. Mount your carb directly to the black intake and eliminate the hose and clamps. All that stuff just makes it easier the get an air leak.
The extra length on intake is so carb can be mounted at all, steep seat tube short frame, throws throttle cable into top tube, no air filter fits. Is what it is. I beat up on it till I had it right, there is no leaking now. But it may have leaked before I redid it with a clamshell coupler.

I was more curious with exhaust length at this point. But there is some science to intake runner length too, longer for low rpm shorter for high.

Anyways...will that pipe overheat head if I get it puking rich, and work backwards to tune it while doing breakin?

Presuming this torquer-up pipe has a resonance, and acts as a tuned pipe, and someone did maff for dimensions, taking out 5 inches of header moves the RPM sweet spot higher.

How much I dunno.
Maff is hard.

How much should I care depends primarily on how much overheat it might cause. Secondary is where RPM sweet spot should be, hoping its not at WOT.
Did removing 5 inches move that higher?
And how much?
The i.d. of the head tube is not very good for performance and will hold back some of the flow causing heat issues if the ports in cylinder are much bigger, the math is easy you just need to know the exhaust port timing and peak rpm then it's port timing x 1700 over the rpm.
For example exh port at 160 x 1700 over 9k rpm is 30.2 " from piston face to 3/4 through the baffle/convergent cone.

I dumped long intake, hacked end off OEM intake, added 90° elbow remounted carb left side. I used fiberglass with JB weld as a wrap to bind the two together, milled a bit inside to match tube end to intake.

Then I added a BBR stage 1 CDI.

Between those two changes its a new bike! That intake length really screwed it for running clean. Probably can't stay atomized at lower RPM with that crap I had.

But I also add the change in timing at higher RPM with the new CDI is obvious, engine purrs, not a shake, no vibration, juat like they said it would. I used to feel it fighting, with occasional misfire / predetonation. Not now. I swear its not a gimmick it works great, BBR should send me a check for my glowing review?

It has a good grunt too, I don't have to downshift to get up a small hill. There's a distinct moan at a lower RPM, and it holds its power when it drops to it climbing.

Got a 75 jet in it now, think it had a 72. May try an 80 on next run see if it takes it.

Pictures of intake mod and new CDI.

Took a second run, after verifying jet size its a 70. Not inclined to change it, I stull have a good 4-stroking when coasting down, letting off throttle. But now under load it purrs low and high.

I like it.
20220409_153657.jpg
20220409_153639.jpg

Now with intake on left side I can try this kimball pipe. I'm sure it'll need a silencer.

If I was running good on the torquer up pipe (and I ran it good yesterday) how will this change my jetting from the 70 I'm at now?

Any suggestions for a stinger?
20220411_180359.jpg

Now with intake on left side I can try this kimball pipe. I'm sure it'll need a silencer.

If I was running good on the torquer up pipe (and I ran it good yesterday) how will this change my jetting from the 70 I'm at now?

Any suggestions for a stinger?
View attachment 171566
Chop off that 7/8-1" and slap a 5/8 on for more punch and a quieter motor.

It's almost like someone got the dimensions bass ackwards... The stinger diameter and the header diameter...
Yeah, easy enough to fix.
FYI I started it with a 75 jet, figured if I was wrong it'd be ok, wanted to inspect my intake, its rock solid. Best cheap mod ever its shorter than stock.

Pukey rich smoky. Big bog on throttle.
(thats typical btw, too rich it gonna bog).
So I guess 70 is ok to actually test it.

Damn its loud.

Those MZ 65 style and clones are made to be loud... Safer because your heard coming and people have a better chance of noticing you and judge your speed... Police like it too sounds faster like your eluding something...

Those MZ 65 style and clones are made to be loud... Safer because your heard coming and people have a better chance of noticing you and judge your speed... Police like it too sounds faster like your eluding something...
There’s some loud bikes around here, hawgs not piglets. I have been pulled over by state troopers for a ‘cycling’ offense. Had my longbike out doing my Friday night lights.
20171117_182739.jpg

Pushed it in backwards after my ride in back of my truck. Didn't turn off lights.
Red light on pole...over cab.
Impersonating emergency vehicle. Good gawd.

I love it loud.
Wife already hates the 3 minutes she heard of it.
😂

Back