Broken clutch bell

rwquiring

Local time
4:46 PM
has anyone experienced a broken clutch bell on a Staton friction drive? do they make a solid machined one that a person can buy or do you have to stay with the stamped unit? Oh, and by the way it is for a Honda gx 35. thank you for your time.

Royce

So I contacted Staton ind. and they said that this should not happen after 300 miles, so they are sending me a replacement. Now that is what I call customer service! Great job Staton ind. This is the second unit that I have purchased from them and they are TOP rate, go America!

Royce

in what way did it break at the nut? in half? at the flange? you might want to check the alignment and everything. yeh, the bell should not break after 300 miles.

in what way did it break at the nut? in half? at the flange? you might want to check the alignment and everything. yeh, the bell should not break after 300 miles.
0502181453.jpg

I guess a pic is worth a thousand words. Station sent me a new one, should be here this week

Yeah, check the alignment of the clutch and bell when you get the new one. If this was on a mid drive, then most likely the clutch pad and bell are not correctly aligned or flush contact causing this break. But for friction drives, I heard you need to be careful with the throttle usage while going down hills or fast coasting. I am not certain; maybe a friction guy here can give you tips on this.

Staton sells one piece machined drums or stamped. You'll see pics of both under the friction drive parts section. Difference in price also.

Staton replaced the org. with a new one, I did see that they have a machined one and will see how the stamped one works out, it it happens again I will replace with the good one. I will
say that Staton Inc. has a great warranty and costumer service!

Back