Broken clutch cover bracket.

VoodooDp

Local time
1:09 PM
Trying to get this old thing back on the road but this mounting point is broken. Will I be fine with only 2 mount points? This happened from bad wheel bearing. Also could someone send me a guide for installing the new cover and lever? I remember there was a ball bearing and I'm not sure what else. Placing order today and want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.
20180713_135056.jpg

I've fixed those, but it may be more work than you want to do. I start with a thick steel washer. About 1/8 inch thick and large enough that the hole is about same diameter as the curved part of case behind that area where shaft goes thru. Cut about a 1/3 section out of washer, then trim with grinder and file until it can be stuffed behind that area flat against where aluminum broke off. Drill thru case to put a bolt right between top and bottom chain run, and drill for a flat headed slotted countersunk bolt just ahead of top of sprocket. Put cover on and drill thru top hole of cover and put long bolt thru there with a few washers to take up missing aluminum space and with a nut behind it to secure cover.

Interesting fix but sounds like it will work lol worst case scenario I'll buy another motor. I was just trying to avoid doing that. Thanks for the advice!

I
Trying to get this old thing back on the road but this mounting point is broken. Will I be fine with only 2 mount points? This happened from bad wheel bearing. Also could someone send me a guide for installing the new cover and lever? I remember there was a ball bearing and I'm not sure what else. Placing order today and want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.
View attachment 82802
If you need a ball bearing go to Walmart sporting buy some slingshot ammo I think its 3/8" shot hold on to your recite take a couple out return f***ing junk defective item get your money back. You half to go through some insane s**t of grinding washers.

Do you mean 2 fasteners I have only 2 the thing works fine for clutch arm just drop it in from the top turn it until falls in place maybe use a little grease or vaseline on it.

View attachment 82802
If you did not order the ball barring and shaft you can cut a shank off 3/8" bolt shoulder not sure of the length half to measure but its about 1 1/4".

bearing is 8mm but 5/16in will work - to take that force on only two bolts, the bolts would need to be upper right and lower left & you don't have an upper right

Back