Broken cylinder head bolt

Local time
9:36 AM
:eek: a bolt broke what size tap to rethread/cut 6mm bolt hole looks to be broken at the base but I think part of it got token out and stuck in the hug slide.

Hole looks pretty open but may be some bolt left in.

Also should I replace with stainless steel studs. Freaking cap nuts right?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek:o_O

You can't just re-tap the hole if the M6 thread has been stripped out. You must Helicoil it.
WTH is a hug slide?

Replace ALL studs and nuts with grade 8.8 or higher.
Replace cap nuts with regular nuts, and use blue loctite on every thread except for the head nuts.

Did you even read the stickied newbie threads? :rolleyes:

Unless you're really well practiced at this, you should buy another motor and save old one for spare parts.

You can't just re-tap the hole if the M6 thread has been stripped out. You must Helicoil it.
WTH is a hug slide?

Replace ALL studs and nuts with grade 8.8 or higher.
Replace cap nuts with regular nuts, and use blue loctite on every thread except for the head nuts.

Did you even read the stickied newbie threads? :rolleyes:

There non stripped like I said when I heard it pop and it lost torque but still would tighten little so I backed it out when I pulled the bolt and "jug" it seemed as if the bolt was gone like it came out with the rod but the threads are still there in the engine base I'd have to shine a light to see if it just stuck in the jug...

I'll obtain photos plan on extracting with a loaner tool from auto zone.

I don't want to risk money on this fix at most the bolt only.

If I can get the threads situated if it has a slightly loose fit after repair I could shoot a little steel stick/jb weld in it and keep it in the case until needed. It's not as bad as it sounds but I know one of the threads is jumbled up.

There was a sheer sitting on then side once I popped the hug.

Maybe its time to try a better motor kit https://zedamotorsports.com/shop?olsPage=products/the-famous-zeda80-engine-kit-fast-shipping&page=1&sortOption=ascend_by_price
Keep the old one to learn how to work on 2 strokes.

I cannot afford all that, when there is a will there is a way. If there is .7mm of clearance one could drop an 8 mm bolt in would require drilling out the cylinder with the broken side or I can just chase and fill it.... sounds like a load of he has, but I refuse to replace a new motor.

Back