Broken Flow?

awc360

Local time
9:35 AM
The flow in my carb broke, or seems to have broken. Anytime I open the fuel line gas runs through the carb and leaks out. It's happened before, and my carb came with another flow so I just replaced it and everything was fine. Now I've gone through my backup, (doesn't seem to be broken), cleaned the carb, tried it again and still had the same problem, what do I do? I haven't seen any store sell the flow individually... Any ideas?

Are you talking about the float?
The float ( if it is not filled with gas- and sinks) pushes up on a little valve (the float valve) and closes off the fuel from over filling the little chamber in the carb. If the valve leaks (has dirt in it or is worn) the little chamber will over fill causing gas to drip out and the engine to run rich.

I haven't had to take my carburetor apart yet. So at this point I'll assume that there is a float, needle and seat, much the same on many engines both 2 cycle and 4 cycle. Yes there is a possibility that the float is fuel logged (have seen it before) saturated and sinks to the bottom of the bowl, dirt between the needle and seat or as you have gone into it the needle is missing or the float way out of adjustment.

Back