Broken leg

James98189741

Local time
6:50 AM
I broke my leg pretty badly going to work. My back tire slipped while I was turning and somehow my boot caught cement and gripped cement very well considering lol. So I snapped my leg in 2 spots, the tibia near the ankle was an open fracture and needed a long rod for support. The fibula will be fine. The doctor says it was a pretzel fracture. Is their any way I could have prevented this?

Bald tire, wet ground...The only thing that could have made that a real "Perfect Storm" would be having wet leaves. loose sand and banana peels to assist your breakage even further...lol...Keep Mending big guy...DAMIEN
Damien is right. - leaves - wet or not, fine sand, etc. etc.. Spring, and fall, obviously are the worst times. It's impossible to eliminate all of the risks (just like life), but being cautious, and aware helps.
Hope you heal quickly and well.

I broke my leg pretty badly going to work. My back tire slipped while I was turning and somehow my boot caught cement and gripped cement very well considering lol. So I snapped my leg in 2 spots, the tibia near the ankle was an open fracture and needed a long rod for support. The fibula will be fine. The doctor says it was a pretzel fracture. Is their any way I could have prevented this?
Do you stick your leg out for turns? I saw racers doing this and cringed hard. It's an ok practice off-road but never stick your inside foot out during turns on pavement. I've lowsided on a turn and stayed tucked to slide and not flop (good luck on a highside, those suck hard).
Sounds like your leg was bent and twisted at the same time when your foot became your main traction point. I hope you heal up and learn to keep your feet on your pedals and keep the inside foot up during turns to not pole vault the pedal similar to what happened to your leg...

I learned a lot and I'm walking around slowly now. You are correct my boot was main sticking point and from now on my turning side leg will be up...

3 things I learned from your experience #1 Which ever direction you turned, don't do THAT again. #2 And what ever you do, don't break THAT leg again. #4 Try to figure out #3... (carryon)

Attachments

• 486233_477428235645499_996783526_n.jpg
    486233_477428235645499_996783526_n.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 91
Hey, I would like to know can you still ride your bike?

Seems like would half to pedal with one leg and keep your foot on the pedal follow it around.

Wondering just in case something happens to me how would I dream the situation on all them pain pills.

Hey, I would like to know can you still ride your bike?

Seems like would half to pedal with one leg and keep your foot on the pedal follow it around.

Wondering just in case something happens to me how would I dream the situation on all them pain pills.
If you must ride with a broken leg, you gotta make sure you can ride without pedaling. If you gotta figure out how pedal with a broken leg on a motorized bike, your engine better be broke. If not, pay someone to tune your engine, how many engines have you failed on?
Them 2 strokes are like 80% lowers, unless you buy from someone that finishes the port matching, timing etc then it's destined to fail pretty fast with someone with no real mechanical aptitude. You shouldn't have any issue with engine failures with how many parts you have hidden in trees around town.

If you must ride with a broken leg, you gotta make sure you can ride without pedaling. If you gotta figure out how pedal with a broken leg on a motorized bike, your engine better be broke. If not, pay someone to tune your engine, how many engines have you failed on?
Them 2 strokes are like 80% lowers, unless you buy from someone that finishes the port matching, timing etc then it's destined to fail pretty fast with someone with no real mechanical aptitude. You shouldn't have any issue with engine failures with how many parts you have hidden in trees around town.
Parts hidden around town hahaha thats actually not a bad idea 🤔

Back