Broken Mount stud

Sorry

Sorry Fastboy9 I was reading the post before yours. (Graucho) he says he got it out I was thinking this was you if that makes sense.
You should be able to get it with a center punch just do a bit one side than the other and it will shift it. OK when all that fails BUT IT SHOULDN"T but if it does you can try to shatter that easyout once you have done that drill out the bolt and tap it to a bigger size like 8mm or 5/16 thats is a bit smaller than 8mm. If your patient you should get it. I suppose we all have to remember about the locktite. Hahaha I think thats spelt wrong,like everthing else I have written. Let me know if you get it

Sorry Fastboy9 I was reading the post before yours. (Graucho) he says he got it out I was thinking this was you if that makes sense.
You should be able to get it with a center punch just do a bit one side than the other and it will shift it. OK when all that fails BUT IT SHOULDN"T but if it does you can try to shatter that easyout once you have done that drill out the bolt and tap it to a bigger size like 8mm or 5/16 thats is a bit smaller than 8mm. If your patient you should get it. I suppose we all have to remember about the locktite. Hahaha I think thats spelt wrong,like everthing else I have written. Let me know if you get it
No problem, just gathering loads of ideas first as I cant get to my bike for a couple of days. That centre punch idea sounds the best bet to me! I'll give that ago as soon as possible, then I'm going to make a wooden platform that was suggested earlier. Thanks
Fastboy

One more thing, Heat the hiss out of it to release the loc-tite and while it's hot shoot a little shot of WD-40 or the like in it. Then continue with the center punch.
Just my past experiences speaking out loud.
Doc

Overcoming broken studs..

Fatboy, my updated pictures on the subject----

in Latest post==== Adelaide How it began with me..

Ezyout/ drilll.....
I also had ezyout problems =not biting enough..

but..
***The STUDs are ****, and simply drill out --literally ...

Drill out-==about 8mm- then fill hole with sellys Knead-it (auto type)
Let it cure REALLY WELL, then drill and tap to 6mm..
ive just put up pictures of the whole process..

Ive included 1 pic, but i dont want to double post.. so check my thread for the rest..

Any way , beware I have replaced all mounting studs with
Stainless steel 6mm X16mm (from Repco, in blisterpak=$6) , using a fabricated mount.. ..

Replacing them before you build ya bike is my advice for any one wanting to get into it..the happy time that is...
Jase

Attachments

• l_afd9e86a9e692f84b3587c68a7600962.jpg
    l_afd9e86a9e692f84b3587c68a7600962.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 229
Back