Broken tranny chain sprocket shaft

mrthingfish

Local time
6:35 AM
My tranny chain sprocket shaft snapped in half first ride. Trying to get the old one out to replace. There's just one little sprocket left to grab onto and I guess get the bell housing off. Having trouble. Any suggestions?

20220711_085255.jpg

Replace it with a Gru🐝Bee 4G transmission. It'll be the cheapest fix. With your current transmission more failures are in your future.

Thank you Jerry. Your probably right, as I have had to spend most if not all of my budget already replacing cheap bokts and missing parts. Thing is, I was counting on this bike for work, and it took so long to come in, and when it did parts missing, gas tank was leaking, etc. Finally I lost my job and now I dont have the bread to get this thing rolling so I can get back to work. Come to find out that broken shaft is permanently sealed to the trans housing with red loctite or somethibg. Im living in National Forest land in a tent. I dont have any more money for this. Crushed and dead in the water.

Thank you Jerry. Your probably right, as I have had to spend most if not all of my budget already replacing cheap bokts and missing parts. Thing is, I was counting on this bike for work, and it took so long to come in, and when it did parts missing, gas tank was leaking, etc. Finally I lost my job and now I dont have the bread to get this thing rolling so I can get back to work. Come to find out that broken shaft is permanently sealed to the trans housing with red loctite or somethibg. Im living in National Forest land in a tent. I dont have any more money for this. Crushed and dead in the water.
It stories like yours that can make one appreciate what you do have; instead of being depressed about what you don't have.

your location would help people help you.
Put up a go fund me page, people WILL help you but you've got to reach out and ask for help.

Those transmissions are cheap enough to replace, mine has lasted 3 years but is nearly worn out now.
The bell is reverse threaded, very difficult to remove. I think you need a torch to melt the loctite.
I've seen transmissions around $40. Might be single chain.

Back