Brooks Saddle - how to mount?

bonsaiisuperstar

Local time
7:24 PM
Hi all, I am still a MB noob and don't even have the engine for my bike yet. I want a Brooks saddle. From looking at pics i can't figure out how to mount the seat to the post. I have a Micargi bike and it's seat seems to not have the same mounting bracking that would fit a Brooks. Does the Brooks have it's own mount or will I need something different?

Ideally I am looking for a layback seat post also. Like the one the Derringer bike uses. Anyone have any pics of their Brooks Saddle mounted? (from the underside) Thanks for the help!

I may have found a few answers. Was looking at the Sportsman Flyer site and they have a nice layback seat post and a gas tank that mounts to the back of it keg style. Sexy! I would still appreciate pics of examples of others saddles mounted. Thanks!

Brooks saddle mount on a standard double rail, adjustable seat-post vs the pillar clamp type found on the less expensive bikes. If you swap posts be certain the diameter is correct. Of the "lay back" type posts, I don't use them so can add nothing to that discussion.

Some Brooks saddles use a double rail which is probably what you are looking at?
ResampleImg.ashx.jpeg

To adapt to your post you will need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Breezer-Double-Rail-Adaptor-One-Bolt-Seatposts/dp/B001GSSFEI

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back