BSBerry Three Spoke Mags back in stock- I took the bait

Risk Man

Local time
3:55 PM
So after I ordered the CDH mags that I have had the bad packaging / shipping and axle problems, the BSBerry 3 spoke mags came back in stock. So I took the bait and ordred them thinking I would eventually use them and put the CDH wheels on my next beach cruiser build I have waiting in the shop for strip and paint.

Well, just like all my other BSberry orders, they used terrible packaging and of course the FedEx gorillas took advantage of that and destroyed the mickey mouse boxing of the delicate wheels. (why don't they leave the discs off; you know they will get bent shipped with both wheels loose in a crappy single ply box). I had the package diverted to a fedex office store as I did not want to miss them at my office delivery address if they showed up after 5:00.

I met the truck as it was unloading and to my horror, the box was destroyed as I saw him take it off the truck. Of course, he said he knew nothing about the damage as he "did not load the truck". Why in the world does BSberry not use a stronger box (heavier and more shipping cost in their"free shipping"). So upon opening the box (what was left of it), the rear brake disc is bent out of shape. Of course I just contacted customer service and they will offer to send me a new disc for another wasted week of shipping and Labor to install it and voila! I have a damaged / repaired new set of wheels courtesy of BSBerry.

I have had very few if any damaged items from amazon in the past 10 years and 4 out of 5 from BS Berry have been damaged, missing items or flat out defective. And I am really not one of those people that everything goes wrong.... so I am two for two on Mag wheels being shipped in crappy boxes without decent packing from two different and for most folks reliable vendors.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.JPG
    IMG_1858.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1860.JPG
    IMG_1860.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 158
Suck bro. I usually use ebay, rare get damaged stuff. Amacon is always screwing things up in my neck of the woods. Sening me open boxes with nothing inside, wtf is that crap. Then telling me I have to ship the item back to be refunded. I have no item to ship back, your guys stole it!!
This was an order directly from BsBerry website.

If the disc isn't bent too bad you can straighten it. That's a talent you should learn anyways
Ya don't want the disc to have a slight wobble
I'm sure you know It causes brake drag and wears out the pads faster besides having an annoying rubbing noise
You probably wouldn't hear the rubbing over the engine anyways

Your gonna need to learn how to straighten a bent or warped disc anyways
Discs can get bent very very easily from just leaning the bike on something and warp easily from heat distortion.

Look at it as you scored a free disc and they gave you a bent one to practice your disc straighten talents on.

I look at my disc all the time and if it has a a slight wobble I straighten it right away
But these discs are on a fat tire e bike and she goes crashing thru the bushes and I really use my breaks alot down hills
So that's why I've probably had to straighten my discs a few times within 1K miles.

Too bad about the sh^tty packaging

If the disc isn't bent too bad you can straighten it. That's a talent you should learn anyways
Ya don't want the disc to have a slight wobble
I'm sure you know It causes brake drag and wears out the pads faster besides having an annoying rubbing noise
You probably wouldn't hear the rubbing over the engine anyways

Your gonna need to learn how to straighten a bent or warped disc anyways
Discs can get bent very very easily from just leaning the bike on something and warp easily from heat distortion.

Look at it as you scored a free disc and they gave you a bent one to practice your disc straighten talents on.

I look at my disc all the time and if it has a a slight wobble I straighten it right away
But these discs are on a fat tire e bike and she goes crashing thru the bushes and I really use my breaks alot down hills
So that's why I've probably had to straighten my discs a few times within 1K miles.

Too bad about the sh^tty packaging
Thanks Wrench. What is the best method for flattening it? I thought about it on the last one that was bent which I retained. Hammer, clamps and boards, vice?

Thanks Wrench. What is the best method for flattening it? I thought about it on the last one that was bent which I retained. Hammer, clamps and boards, vice?
There is actually a tool for straightening disc,
I just use a small cresent wrench to straighten my discs

There is a good video out by park tool on how to straighten discs and many other videos by others.

Basically ya straighten the disc while it's on the bike.
First number the spokes of the disc so you can keep track of where it's bent
Then using the tool or a wrench ya bend the disc in or out where it's bent until you get it straight
It's easier than it sounds with a little common sense of which way and where to bend the disc

There is actually a tool for straightening disc, I'm sure you can look up one by Park Tool
I just use a small cresent wrench to straighten my discs

There is a good video out by park tool on how to straighten discs and many other videos by others.

Basically ya straighten the disc while it's on the bike.
First number the spokes of the disc so you can keep track of where it's bent
Then using the tool or a wrench ya bend the disc in or out where it's bent until you get it straight
It's easier than it sounds with a little common sense of which way and where to bend the disc
I must be blessed...lol...As of this month, i have now been running disk brakes on my mag wheels for one full year and 1040 miles...They are still running 100% in true...No warping whatsoever...Only on its second set of brake pads as of a couple or three months ago...lol...DAMIEN

Back