Bt 80 engine kit

GW's Motorized

Local time
5:34 PM
Decided to order a bt 80 kit off of Amazon and finally build myself a motorized bicycle. I'm planning on putting it on a Huffy cruiser whether it's my old worn out bike or on a different bike.

Here's a picture of the bike I was considering.
IMG_20220917_122842869_HDR.jpg

Swap out the rear wheel right off the bat and save yourself the headache of the whole coaster brake thang. Get some rim brakes at the very least.

If the budget allows, get some disc brakes and wheels. Most multi speed wheels can be changed to a single speed if you need a wheel.

Swap out the rear wheel right off the bat and save yourself the headache of the whole coaster brake thang. Get some rim brakes at the very least.

If the budget allows, get some disc brakes and wheels. Most multi speed wheels can be changed to a single speed if you need a wheel.
I was considering ordering mag wheels, but they are a little out of the price range, and don't really fit the look I'm going for. I was already planning on swapping the rear wheel due to a slight wobble in the rear wheel.

I was considering ordering mag wheels, but they are a little out of the price range, and don't really fit the look I'm going for. I was already planning on swapping the rear wheel due to a slight wobble in the rear wheel.
Look around your locale , maybe you'll find a used bike with good wheels, maybe even disc brakes. I see them every so often on my local buy and sell for $100-$150 multi-speed with disc. I really don't have any problems with using parts from a bike and trashing what I don't need.

Disc brake wheels are nice, they come with mounting holes for your rear sprocket already built in.

Look around your locale , maybe you'll find a used bike with good wheels, maybe even disc brakes. I see them every so often on my local buy and sell for $100-$150 multi-speed with disc. I really don't have any problems with using parts from a bike and trashing what I don't need.

Disc brake wheels are nice, they come with mounting holes for your rear sprocket already built in.
Just down the road from me there's an older gentleman who sells bikes he fixes for a hobby. I've got parts from him before and he is very well priced. I can probably pick up a decent set of wheels from him for around 20 bucks.

Just down the road from me there's an older gentleman who sells bikes he fixes for a hobby. I've got parts from him before and he is very well priced. I can probably pick up a decent set of wheels from him for around 20 bucks.
Yo be in business then, ask him to change your single drive sprocket to a multi- speed wheel. Make sure the wheel you get doesn't have a skewer, skewers like to break as much as coaster brakes. I call them bolt on, a nut on both ends of the axle.

Yo be in business then, ask him to change your single drive sprocket to a multi- speed wheel. Make sure the wheel you get doesn't have a skewer, skewers like to break as much as coaster brakes. I call them bolt on, a nut on both ends of the axle.
I am considering getting a three speed hub and using some old U breaks off a parts bike I've got, but the tire is a thin one, so I'd have to swap the hub to a new rim.

Keep the 1970s Stingray style
The bars I have on her are some original 70's sears bars I found in the dirt at buddy's place. He had no use for them so I took them home. They're rusty in spots so I might just sand them and paint them matte black.

Do yourself a favor and remove the fenders while you are at it. Figured I would mention it before someone else does. They are a bit of a safety hazard.

Back