Bt 80 engine kit

Yes the chain guards are made out of thin gauge metal.
I recommend using a small fender washer under the small mounting screw/bolt head as the guard metal can easily crack/break in that area from constant vibration, The fender washer covers more metal and securely holds the fender from vibrating as much and the metal don't crack

People keep talking about this guard for the chain. Still no idea what it is... 🤔

I kid, of course, but I don't really trust the guards that come in the kit. The reason I don't run one is because.the first time I built a bike the stupid thing broke off thanks to the insanely xcheap thin metal being brittle. Cut my rear tire and tube at 30mph. Supposedly, there are good/better ones out there, but I have not tried one again.
I am weary of the guard being fragile, however I am wanting to build my own eventually. But the gaurd is going on mainly to protect from weather, my bike gets stored under a carport, which gathers condensation that drips on my bike. I wear slip on shoes most of the time so I removed the chain gaurd from the pedals, but my chain rusted very quickly.
That's a decent reason to leave guards on. I use the same chain wax on my bikes as I do my motorcycles and it is decent at repelling moisture. I will usually touch up my chains fairly regular as well. Quick wipe.down and a light re-spray if I have been riding in the weather. A cover of some sort is always a good idea if being left outside too. Keeps unfriendly eyes from seeing things as a bonus.
Yes the chain guards are made out of cheep metal.
I recommend using a small fender washer under the small mounting screw/bolt head as the guard metal can easily crack/break in that area from constant vibration, The fender washer covers more metal and securely holds the fender from vibrating as much and the metal don't crack
This is a chainguard...lol...It is a full one pound of real heavy duty chainguard vs the flimsy cheap chineseium 5.5 ounce ones that comes with these kits and its not attached to the motor either where motor vibration causes metal fatigue and they break off...lol...Its attached with two "Adel" clamps...One for the rear and one on the front attached to the downtube coming down from the seat to the crank...No more broken chainguards every month or two now...lol.

Technical Details​

Manufacturer‎PCC
Item Weight‎1 pounds
Manufacturer Part Number‎PCC CG11

dscn0194-jpg.172780

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This is a chainguard...lol...It is a full one pound of real heavy duty chainguard vs the flimsy cheap chineseium 5.5 ounce ones that comes with these kits and its not attached to the motor either where motor vibration causes metal fatigue and they break off...lol...Its attached with two "Adel" clamps...One for the rear and one on the front attached to the downtube coming down from the seat to the crank...No more broken chainguards every month or two now...lol.

dscn0194-jpg.172780
Those rubber lined clamps have a little play which absorbs the vibrations unlike a ridged mount to the frame
Your good (y)
But I would still put a washer under that bolt head

My Whizzer Chain guard metal cracked where it bolts onto the back of the frame
I was able to move the guard back a little because the front mount has an adjustable slot I made a new hole in the rear and slapped a big SS washer on to hold it. That's been keeping it from cracking again in that area
DSCF9610.JPG

But I would still put a washer under that bolt head
There IS a washer under that bolt head you can barely see in that photo unless you look very hard...I use washers on everything...lol..,.I used one of those thin "wavy" type lock washers under it..it is just tight enough so there is still a minute amount of springiness to it to also absorb vibration...(Also used blue locktite as I do everything else), You should know by now that I over engineer and overthink things...lol...lol.

The only experience I have with pigs is the outside poopin' in the pit kinda pigs... stinky as all can be.
I was actually referring to one of our members who actually does own a 250 pound pet pig...lol...With his own bedroom and even has his own computer and watches TV...lol...His Name, (the pig), is Kevin Bacon...lol.

The only experience I have with pigs is the outside poopin' in the pit kinda pigs... stinky as all can be.
He doesn't smell at all. Pigs are very clean animals when allowed to live freely. They have very nasty eating habits in the wild though.

Contrary to popular belief, pigs will not eat anything. When given a choice, they will eat only the stuff they like. They are incredibly intelligent when allowed to think. Meaning all their needs are taken care of and they are now able to pursue other activities instead.

They have a language and even the ability to make new words to suit new situations. While the size and complexity may be extremely simple, they do communicate with very specific vocalizations. Per example, instead of asking " Can I have a bowl of juice servant?', Kevin will say in pig speak mixed with English " please juice, juice. want juice, please".

Kevin can say now, juice, no, ya and awwww. Although in pig speak he has a whole bunch of words for things. It's just as much a learning process for the human as it is the pig when you keep one in the house.

Totally different animal from the wild when they are cared for and shown what they think matters. Kevin currently has a cat, a laptop( netflix, amazon movies, tiktok, instagram, youtube etc), a cell phone ( for music, last 36 hours playing classical, which is what he asked to hear), his own room ( blankets pillows etc), he has clothes ( which he hates wearing lol). He like Star Trek next gen ( he loves Patrick Stuart), any movies with the captian, Znation, etc. He likes bed time stories and to be tucked in. He will throw a fit if he doesn't get tucked in. He likes to give kisses too. He's a pretty awesome companion, he's a lot more than just a pet. He thinks and expresses himself.

SUNP0981.JPG

Him sleeping, he's lazy like a cat. lol

SUNP0999.JPG

Back