Bt 80 engine kit

I'll probably go down to the local NAPA and pick up two of them, as well as a new spark plug.
Them cnc mounts are nice! But the exhaust clamp idea might get you up & running till you decide & order 1. Also if you order cnc mounts to check your mount bolt spacing on your bt80, for some reason I'm thinking the spacing is wider than a standard 66/80cc china girl.
After further research on the motor mounts, you will probably need to custom make them...Here is what is said about the motor mounts that are made for the BT80.

Standard OEM replacement Engine Mounting Brackets for use with BT80 Engine Kits. Designed to work with the BT80 kit only,

I'm working on getting my bike to the point it can go for a first ride, I can't find anything to mount the rear of the chain guard to.

I'm working on getting my bike to the point it can go for a first ride, I can't find anything to mount the rear of the chain guard to.
Take a look at how I did mine...I used a aircraft designed and rated "Adel" clamp to mount it...I had to drill another rear hole onto the chainguard to do this...You just need to learn how to "think out of the box" with these bikes...lol.

Chainguard.JPG

Take a look at how I did mine...I used a aircraft designed and rated "Adel" clamp to mount it...I has to drill another rear hole onto the chainguard to do this...You just need to learn how to "think out of the box" with these bikes...lol.

View attachment 184794
Thanks a million, I've got a kit with different sizes of those I bought to hold wires and wire loom to the frame of my go-kart, I'll go find them and have them on. I'll probably do it tomorrow though, I've got to get a chain link breaker before I get too far ahead of myself.

Thanks a million, I've got a kit with different sizes of those I bought to hold wires and wire loom to the frame of my go-kart, I'll go find them and have them on. I'll probably do it tomorrow though, I've got to get a chain link breaker before I get too far ahead of myself.
Take note that where you see the "Adel" clamp, I also used tin snips to cut off a bit of that top piece of metal off and out of my way so it would fit properly with the bulge of the clamp being there.

People keep talking about this guard for the chain. Still no idea what it is... 🤔

I kid, of course, but I don't really trust the guards that come in the kit. The reason I don't run one is because.the first time I built a bike the stupid thing broke off thanks to the insanely xcheap thin metal being brittle. Cut my rear tire and tube at 30mph. Supposedly, there are good/better ones out there, but I have not tried one again.

People keep talking about this guard for the chain. Still no idea what it is... 🤔

I kid, of course, but I don't really trust the guards that come in the kit. The reason I don't run one is because.the first time I built a bike the stupid thing broke off thanks to the insanely xcheap thin metal being brittle. Cut my rear tire and tube at 30mph. Supposedly, there are good/better ones out there, but I have not tried one again.
I am weary of the guard being fragile, however I am wanting to build my own eventually. But the gaurd is going on mainly to protect from weather, my bike gets stored under a carport, which gathers condensation that drips on my bike. I wear slip on shoes most of the time so I removed the chain gaurd from the pedals, but my chain rusted very quickly.

I am weary of the guard being fragile, however I am wanting to build my own eventually. But the gaurd is going on mainly to protect from weather, my bike gets stored under a carport, which gathers condensation that drips on my bike. I wear slip on shoes most of the time so I removed the chain gaurd from the pedals, but my chain rusted very quickly.
That's a decent reason to leave guards on. I use the same chain wax on my bikes as I do my motorcycles and it is decent at repelling moisture. I will usually touch up my chains fairly regular as well. Quick wipe.down and a light re-spray if I have been riding in the weather. A cover of some sort is always a good idea if being left outside too. Keeps unfriendly eyes from seeing things as a bonus.

Back