BT80 electric start

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my other bike, I just picked up The motor on friday, installed it on my 3g,
20181104_111419_HDR.jpg
Wanting to know of any ideas on relocating the component box, and battery; or a smaller battery. Thought about a rear cargo rack or hard shell saddlebags. plan on adding headlights and rear turn signals and brake light anda rear drap stand. Still dialing it in, and breaking in,happy with it so far; Any advice?

Sharp bike! Is that a moped pipe?
Yes, moped pipe.

I like the carb, but curious if you've done any other performance mods. I'm fairly certain the pipe performs better than stock but isn't the best for a 2 stroke. I've been wondering if the bt80 can really be brought to life with reed valves, a tuned expansion chamber, modified timing and port work. How is vibrations compared to an unbalanced china girl? Wish the head was removable from the cylinder, would open more doors to get more power.

This engine works great with the header and pipe I have on it right now. The only mod is the custom header I made, much bigger diameter than the stock muffler. Looks like the stock muffler will choke this motor. I did have another pipe on but this pipe seems to work a little better, check Photo below.
Also had a similar exhaust on my Harley Tribute, that had a one speed 40t sprocket and pulled great from the start (no pedals) all the way to 40 mph.

This engine does not rev as high as the regular CG, but pulls great right off the start. I only get to rev up to 6000 rpm. above 5400 is when it starts to vibrates a little but below that it is very smooth. Engine feels more refined than the regular CG. I guess it would help with a little port/polish but limited with the one piece head.

IMG_1811.JPG

nbv.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 259
I dumped all the clunky electrical components. I started it with a 2500mah lopo which is small enough to fit in a shirt
pocket mounted in a leather tool bag. I used a push switch from a Snapper lawn mower mounted under the seat to start it. Wired the lighting coils directly to the lights thru a voltage stabilizer commonly used on motorcycles with no battery. Except for the tool bag and neatly routed wiring nothing else was visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back