BT80 electric start

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my other bike, I just picked up The motor on friday, installed it on my 3g,
20181104_111419_HDR.jpg
Wanting to know of any ideas on relocating the component box, and battery; or a smaller battery. Thought about a rear cargo rack or hard shell saddlebags. plan on adding headlights and rear turn signals and brake light anda rear drap stand. Still dialing it in, and breaking in,happy with it so far; Any advice?

no,i rides really smooth. it lacks initial power on the start up, but when its going, its nice. i plan on upgrading the carburetor, just wanted to ask the group a question on jetting a dellorto knock off carb for the bt80.

The Dellorto carb real or fake run rich on the top end and is too lean in the mid to low range. More so with the fake. I like the NT but have had good results with the fake Dellorto once I drill a extra hole in the tube. The slide cut away also affects the low and mid, Jag has much info on this, do a search. I also put a o ring in all the carbs I use.

Fake D Carb Drilled.

luv it,, looks like everything was well planned and came together nice. envy haha

The Dellorto carb real or fake run rich on the top end and is too lean in the mid to low range. More so with the fake. I like the NT but have had good results with the fake Dellorto once I drill a extra hole in the tube. The slide cut away also affects the low and mid, Jag has much info on this, do a search. I also put a o ring in all the carbs I use.

Fake D Carb Drilled.

What fork is that? Very nice bike!

I like the carb, but curious if you've done any other performance mods. I'm fairly certain the pipe performs better than stock but isn't the best for a 2 stroke. I've been wondering if the bt80 can really be brought to life with reed valves, a tuned expansion chamber, modified timing and port work. How is vibrations compared to an unbalanced china girl? Wish the head was removable from the cylinder, would open more doors to get more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back