Status
Not open for further replies.

Khmaiguy562

Local time
6:24 AM
Im just gonna get straight to it..

I have a bt80 or bullet train engine.

Leftover green and orange wires, instruction manual says its for headlamps or horns.

How do i install a horn and headlamp with those wires?

Whats it the big red toggle switch on the throttle grip combo used for? I thought it was a kill switch but when used in any position, it does nothing.

If anyone here knows exactly what im talking about please help me out.

Im just gonna get straight to it..

I have a bt80 or bullet train engine.

Leftover green and orange wires, instruction manual says its for headlamps or horns.

How do i install a horn and headlamp with those wires?

Whats it the big red toggle switch on the throttle grip combo used for? I thought it was a kill switch but when used in any position, it does nothing.

If anyone here knows exactly what im talking about please help me out.
See when you read the manual it helps..

I know what you're talking about but you didn't read enough.

The red switch is the headlamp switch, the horn button is the button that powers the horn wire. The horn wire is connected to the horn, and the horn is connected to the battery.

Now just hook it all up in the logical circuit fashion, keeping in mind the wires from the controller are your live 12v+(I think +, it could be the ground back but I'm doubtful of that) to the horn and lights so the negative poles of those objects should be connected to the common ground/negative terminal on the battery.

See when you read the manual it helps..

I know what you're talking about but you didn't read enough.

The red switch is the headlamp switch, the horn button is the button that powers the horn wire. The horn wire is connected to the horn, and the horn is connected to the battery.

Now just hook it all up in the logical circuit fashion, keeping in mind the wires from the controller are your live 12v+(I think +, it could be the ground back but I'm doubtful of that) to the horn and lights so the negative poles of those objects should be connected to the common ground/negative terminal on the battery.
Hi so i just checked the wiring in the box and it seems that there are no leftover wires for the big red switch.. the orange and green wire seems to be a 12v always on but thats the only wires that are not in use.. do i have to wire the big red switch myself?

IMG_0437.JPG
Hi so i just checked the wiring in the box and it seems that there are no leftover wires for the big red switch.. the orange and green wire seems to be a 12v always on but thats the only wires that are not in use.. do i have to wire the big red switch myself?
Yes the red switch is not hooked up. When you turn the power switch on near the starter switch, everything gets power.

You are going to love it. My engine is great, very smooth and has great power. So far I got it up to 37mph with a 40T sprocket and take off with no pedal.

YouTube Video

View attachment 78475
Yes the red switch is not hooked up. When you turn the power switch on near the starter switch, everything gets power.

You are going to love it. My engine is great, very smooth and has great power. So far I got it up to 37mph with a 40T sprocket and take off with no pedal.

YouTube Video

That is a great build youve got there. Love all the little details.

Ive just finished building mine today and it seems alittle sluggish.Im mixing at 16:1 with a 44T and using 90 octane.

One thing ive noticed, i bought the kit preassembled and when i was done with my first test run (about 30mins) there was a buildup of clutch oil right below where the carb sits.

The manual says to fill it up to 120ml but i know some of it didnt make it in the hole so i know i didnt overfill. Then again i dont knoe if it camr prefilled.
IMG_1134.JPG

Sorry for the sideways pic, i'm replying through my mobile phone and thats how it ended up.

What color is your 2 stroke oil? Hopefully not the same as the clutch...

I have one issue, it's gravity, somehow I don't believe it should be collecting there on top of the motor if it's in fact from the clutch, especially when Im also pretty sure the oil level isn't even that high in the clutch.

My bet is your carb is leaking a tiny bit. My bet is you also have a dark bluish/green oil for the premix.

Still might be good for users of this motor to try to use 2 clearly different colored oils to help tell the difference between the 2 when problems arrive.

What color is your 2 stroke oil? Hopefully not the same as the clutch...

I have one issue, it's gravity, somehow I don't believe it should be collecting there on top of the motor if it's in fact from the clutch, especially when Im also pretty sure the oil level isn't even that high in the clutch.

My bet is your carb is leaking a tiny bit. My bet is you also have a dark bluish/green oil for the premix.

Still might be good for users of this motor to try to use 2 clearly different colored oils to help tell the difference between the 2 when problems arrive.
Sadly, they are the same color... but if carb leaks shouldnt there be a hint of gas to it as well? The fluid that is collecting is just straight up oil.

Gas evaporates really quick, especially when sitting on a hot motor, the oil not so much
Makes sense haha. I checked the carb and its the stock NT, seems to be building up alot of oil on the black foam thing.

Any reasons to why alot of buildup of oil? I shake the tank before riding and also shake my 1 gallon of mixed fuel before putting it into the fuel tank. The bike is still breaking in but i've never seen this type of issue on my other build which is the regular HT engine

Makes sense haha. I checked the carb and its the stock NT, seems to be building up alot of oil on the black foam thing.

Any reasons to why alot of buildup of oil? I shake the tank before riding and also shake my 1 gallon of mixed fuel before putting it into the fuel tank. The bike is still breaking in but i've never seen this type of issue on my other build which is the regular HT engine
I've noticed the China girl has a bad habit of spitting oil/gas back towards the filter, my original Dellorto clone did this badly enough it clogged the cone filter almost daily, for some reason the reed valve prevented it from happening a so my assumption is it happens during that split moment the piston starts traveling back down while the port is still open to the crankcase. Reed prevents the back pressure from pushing out the intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back