bt80 enine break-in help

Khmaiguy562

Local time
8:11 AM
i just bought the bto80 online and i'm confused about their break in period.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/images/E-STORM-BT80-Instructions.pdf

On page 37 on the pdf it says to use a quality 2 stroke on step 3.

Then on step 9, it says to change motorcycle oil after break in and to change the oil every 3000km using a
4-stroke oil.

Don't i mix the oil with gas? How do i change the oil if it's mixed with gas already? Is it ok to use both 2 stroke and 4 stroke oil in the same engine?

i just bought the bto80 online and i'm confused about their break in period.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/images/E-STORM-BT80-Instructions.pdf

On page 37 on the pdf it says to use a quality 2 stroke on step 3.

Then on step 9, it says to change motorcycle oil after break in and to change the oil every 3000km using a
4-stroke oil.

Don't i mix the oil with gas? How do i change the oil if it's mixed with gas already? Is it ok to use both 2 stroke and 4 stroke oil in the same engine?
No the 4 stroke oil is for the clutch, when you fill that reservoir with oil it stays there and only there in the clutch housing. The 2 stroke oil is still mandatory in the gas.

After break in you change out clutch oil with new, and you lower the mix ratio in the gas.

No the 4 stroke oil is for the clutch, when you fill that reservoir with oil it stays there and only there in the clutch housing. The 2 stroke oil is still mandatory in the gas.

After break in you change out clutch oil with new, and you lower the mix ratio in the gas.
Ahh i see. Thanks for the clarification. So the same way i fill it up i have to take out? Or is there another drain plug located somewhere? The pdf didnt mention that or i might of missed it..

seems odd to be putting 4t oil in your clutch? I was advised to use maxima clutch/transmission fluid in the ktm50 replica I got , I reckon any kind of atf would be better than 4t oil .

seems odd to be putting 4t oil in your clutch? I was advised to use maxima clutch/transmission fluid in the ktm50 replica I got , I reckon any kind of atf would be better than 4t oil .
Yeah i have no idea. The manual doesnt say which kind of oil or viscosity use. Im also new to this hobby.. is 4t same as a 4 stroke?

Yeah i have no idea. The manual doesnt say which kind of oil or viscosity use. Im also new to this hobby.. is 4t same as a 4 stroke?
Yes 4t is 4 stroke, and I'll be honest I don't know what the f*** to put in it either, but it says 4 stroke motorcycle oil (I don't know if there's a specific difference between car and motorcycle oil but I'm pretty sure there isn't) so I bought standard semi synthetic Lucas motor oil, no different than anything I've put in any and all engines I've added oil to, if it can keep a 24 year old vehicle rolling smooth then it should work fine on a new age chinesium bicycle engine...

Yes 4t is 4 stroke, and I'll be honest I don't know what the f**k to put in it either, but it says 4 stroke motorcycle oil (I don't know if there's a specific difference between car and motorcycle oil but I'm pretty sure there isn't) so I bought standard semi synthetic Lucas motor oil, no different than anything I've put in any and all engines I've added oil to, if it can keep a 24 year old vehicle rolling smooth then it should work fine on a new age chinesium bicycle engine...
you put engine oil in the transmission of a 24yr old vehicle? automatic trans fluid has far better cleaning properties than oil but I'm sure if you change it regularly enough any kind of oil will do the trick.

Back