Clutch bucking bar diameter? make my own bucking bar?

This bike has a different bottom end and the bucking bar is longer the only one I have ever found

Attachments

• DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 227
I have a lot of them here, they vary in length by about 3/8in.

U can buy drill blanks or tooling steel rods - I used to get them to make my own slot car axles.... 8mm would do it

5/16 cobalt drill bit, whack the twist off and cut to length. An slap the ball in ( it really keeps the wear to a min). Boom a lifetime bucking bar. Those cobalt bits are hard af and last forever. Ive drilled 10000 holes in mild steel on one bit. Im sure it will hold up to being used as a bucking bar. Im a machinists/fabricator, an the lead where I work. Cobalt bits are some tough mother flumpers, they cost more than a reg twist bit though.

5/16 cobalt drill bit, whack the twist off and cut to length. An slap the ball in ( it really keeps the wear to a min). Boom a lifetime bucking bar. Those cobalt bits are hard af and last forever. Ive drilled 10000 holes in mild steel on one bit. Im sure it will hold up to being used as a bucking bar. Im a machinists/fabricator, an the lead where I work. Cobalt bits are some tough mother flumpers, they cost more than a reg twist bit though.
Did we forget to mention that one end of that bucking bar, The end that goes into the hole, should be concave to match the ball bearing, because the ball on the inside needs to be able to pivot properly so as not to mess up the circumference of that ball bearing???...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...both ends of that bar also need to be lubed with just a dab of either white lithium grease or a dab of, Lucas red and tacky.

Did we forget to mention that one end of that bucking bar, The end that goes into the hole, should be concave to match the ball bearing, because the ball on the inside needs to be able to pivot properly so as not to mess up the circumference of that ball bearing???...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...both ends of that bar also need to be lubed with just a dab of either white lithium grease or a dab of, Lucas red and tacky.
Good call, I just automatically add it, never even think when doing it. I've been machining so long I forget some of the details when I explain. 😆. Gotta add the the concave part.

Back