Budget boat build (under 200$)

Wrench

This is the universal mount for $24 All's ya need is a pool noodle to cut up and put on the pipes.
Marks sped is only gonna be maybe 4 MPH tops no worries about wrinkles.
If your worried about sinking bring a Floater with 50' of line so ya can find it.
Waiting to see the mount ya come up with that's better than a Pre Fab one

Attachments

CrazyDan

This is the universal mount for $24 All's ya need is a pool noodle to cut up and put on the pipes.
Marks sped is only gonna be maybe 4 MPH tops no worries about wrinkles.
If your worried about sinking bring a Floater with 50' of line so ya can find it.
Waiting to see the mount ya come up with that's better than a Pre Fab one
Or have the entire boat filled with noodles tied to the boat.

Wrench

Just my suggestion,
I would buy a Pre Fab mount then modify it to suite my needs It's very light and almost perfect.

mark20

I don't have one lol, I'm a 4 stroke guy. What's the bore/stroke on your engine? You might be able to use one of many small 2 stroke dirtbike pipes for "moar powah!!!!!".
I have no idea, as the bolts are siezed up solid. Guessing its a 70-80cc one
Also from what i can tell, the exhuast goes down to the propeller. (Water cooled bro!)

mark20

Just my suggestion,
I would buy a Pre Fab mount then modify it to suite my needs It's very light and almost perfect.
That would be the easiest way too go, but lets have some fun with this build. Figured it will probably last a good 3-4 trips before some fails catastrophically

mark20

Well, figured if this thing blows a hole in the side ill be good. Bought some gorilla flex tape. (Basicly a copy of flex tape) figured as home depot had a buy one get one half off. So for 15$ i get 22ft of the stuff vs 5ft of flex tape.

I need a test structure so why not are patio swing, my parents decided to get one and used it twice then it was left to sit. After about 3 bad storms and sitting outside in 4ft of snow. Heres the result (canvas roof thing is torn completely, seat and stuff is still fine)

Added about 3ft of tape and its now water proof!! Will need to see how well it holds up after about a week. Should be a good test for if my boat needs a patch

Attachments

Chainlube

Hey, my buddy and I have been out in a little boat like that one, no fun with two guys, even tho it says 2 person. How much was that thing?

mark20

Hey, my buddy and I have been out in a little boat like that one, no fun with two guys, even tho it says 2 person. How much was that thing?
40$ lol.
Yea its definitely made for 1 person. When i sit normally on it i have about 6in of space between the other side and my feet

Attachments

mark20

Welp, heres a hick up.
Turns out the reason the thing is leaking is becuase the screw holder snapped off.
Im going to try jb weld to see if that can fix it (if not well, looks like im going to use a ton of seal all)
I couldn't find any alumium brazing rod, so this is my only option (lets hope it works!)

Attachments