Budget boat build (under 200$)

mark20

UPDATE!
Motor is mounted!!
Currently just a quick test fit (its a bit crooked, did my best with the tools i had)
But the weight distribution is about perfect! It put the motor back about 5in to make more room. Still comfortable to drive. Lets hope the jb weld works out!

also, im deciding agaisnt a wood floor as you cant really stand up in this thing (its going to be too tippy) and i like the really compact storage aspect of it, and would like to retain that as much as possible.

Attachments

Last edited:

mark20

Test #1
Success!
I only idled it around but it did work!
Going to wait go to a lake to fully test it as i need to get my hin# in to register it.
(Sorry only got this picture, test only lasted for a few minutes)

Attachments

Wrench

Looking good Mark, What ya gonna name your boat?
How about Rubber Ducky, Water Snake, Water Bug or The Slug?

mark20

If all else fails, I saw some free plans on the net for a wood pontoon boat that uses two sheets of plywood.
Yea its actually pretty stable. I just have to get used to the motor being so far back (controls were a bit shaky. Im going to buy more rope to get it out further, as we only had about 25ft or so i was right next to the shore)

mark20

I love ice fishing! My biggest concern is casting into that little hole. You need a ice boat.
Yea, its a 6in auger, so we drill 4-6 holes next to each other. Makes it a nice rectangle.
I wad thinking about making one if these out of a old snowmobile.