Budget boat build (under 200$)

mark20

When I lived on the prairies, I just took my 4 x 4.
Yea unfurtunaly its a straight 55° down to the lake (it was a open pit mine in the 1940s) so its impossible to get there with a car or truck
You just have to use the really crappy and sketchy stairs leading down

Wrench

Im going to buy more rope to get it out further, as we only had about 25ft or so i was right next to the shore)
Excuse me for not understanding, Whats with the 25' of rope? Is this in case ya sink you can retrieve the boat?

mark20

Excuse me for not understanding, Whats with the 25' of rope? Is this in case ya sink you can retrieve the boat?
I tie it to the front of the boat and i have my buddy hold on to in incase i cant start the motor or the current is too strong for it. So incase he can pull me to shore safely (i also have a really crappy paddle that cant paddle for sh*t) just being extra safe

Frogslayer

Be careful man, i think most of the ice is gone by you that water is still really cold. If you go in you'll probably take a deep breath in without even trying called the cold water reflex(ask me how i know lol) just don't panic, swim to the surface and exhale the water. It sucks but you can go for a minute with lungs full of frigid river water.

mark20

Be careful man, i think most of the ice is gone by you that water is still really cold. If you go in you'll probably take a deep breath in without even trying called the cold water reflex(ask me how i know lol) just don't panic, swim to the surface and exhale the water. It sucks but you can go for a minute with lungs full of frigid river water.
Yea im hoping not to do that 😆
But just incase my buddy is going to be recording me so i get a few million views on youtube when this thing goes under