Build ideas

Zoom555

Local time
3:13 PM
Check this out, once mounted it will be like a 24" wheel. Slap a wide tire on it and it would be perfect for a 212.
Decided to buy this wheel! Is there a moped tire that will fit 26” bike rim? I thought 21” moped tire would work but unsure

Chainlube

Local time
1:13 PM
Decided to buy this wheel! Is there a moped tire that will fit 26” bike rim? I thought 21” moped tire would work but unsure
I would put a taller thinner tire on the front for that custom chopper look, something like a 2.125, but that's just me.

You might find a moped wheel for the front but I think the tallest will be 17". I have a moby I've been using for parts and both of those are 17". The nice thing about a moped wheel is you can get one with good brakes. Drum or disc.

Zoom555

Local time
I would put a taller thinner tire on the front for that custom chopper look, something like a 2.125, but that's just me.

You might find a moped wheel for the front but I think the tallest will be 17". I have a moby I've been using for parts and both of those are 17". The nice thing about a moped wheel is you can get one with good brakes. Drum or disc.
Yeah I was thinking I’d be hard to find a matching tire. I think I may leave the frame brushed steel look. Plus with all the random parts I’ve got it’ll look ratty!

Think I could fit 3-4” wide tire without issues? Gonna have to see how it mounts when it comes in

Chainlube

Local time
Yeah I was thinking I’d be hard to find a matching tire. I think I may leave the frame brushed steel look. Plus with all the random parts I’ve got it’ll look ratty!

Think I could fit 3-4” wide tire without issues? Gonna have to see how it mounts when it comes in
It might take a 3" tire, here's a nice 2.75" tire.

Chainlube

Local time
What do you all think of this?

Electronically governed at 6000rpm, I'm not a big fan of cast aluminum rods, which might be OK for a street machine though. I don't think you're going to sustain the same rpm as in races.
heat treated aluminum rod

Zoom555

Local time
I received my wheel today! I need to stretch the rear dropouts. Any advice on the easiest way to do so?

It also has a larger axle so the dropout slots will need to be drilled. Can I drill a hole on each end and cut out the middle to widen the slots?

Chainlube

Local time
You'll want to increase the size of the whole slot, take a little off the top and bottom and keep it even. You want the wheel centered when done.