Build ideas

Check this out, once mounted it will be like a 24" wheel. Slap a wide tire on it and it would be perfect for a 212.
Decided to buy this wheel! Is there a moped tire that will fit 26” bike rim? I thought 21” moped tire would work but unsure

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Decided to buy this wheel! Is there a moped tire that will fit 26” bike rim? I thought 21” moped tire would work but unsure
I would put a taller thinner tire on the front for that custom chopper look, something like a 2.125, but that's just me.

You might find a moped wheel for the front but I think the tallest will be 17". I have a moby I've been using for parts and both of those are 17". The nice thing about a moped wheel is you can get one with good brakes. Drum or disc.

I would put a taller thinner tire on the front for that custom chopper look, something like a 2.125, but that's just me.

You might find a moped wheel for the front but I think the tallest will be 17". I have a moby I've been using for parts and both of those are 17". The nice thing about a moped wheel is you can get one with good brakes. Drum or disc.
Yeah I was thinking I’d be hard to find a matching tire. I think I may leave the frame brushed steel look. Plus with all the random parts I’ve got it’ll look ratty!

Think I could fit 3-4” wide tire without issues? Gonna have to see how it mounts when it comes in

Yeah I was thinking I’d be hard to find a matching tire. I think I may leave the frame brushed steel look. Plus with all the random parts I’ve got it’ll look ratty!

Think I could fit 3-4” wide tire without issues? Gonna have to see how it mounts when it comes in
It might take a 3" tire, here's a nice 2.75" tire.

What do you all think of this?

Electronically governed at 6000rpm, I'm not a big fan of cast aluminum rods, which might be OK for a street machine though. I don't think you're going to sustain the same rpm as in races.
heat treated aluminum rod

I received my wheel today! I need to stretch the rear dropouts. Any advice on the easiest way to do so?

It also has a larger axle so the dropout slots will need to be drilled. Can I drill a hole on each end and cut out the middle to widen the slots?

You'll want to increase the size of the whole slot, take a little off the top and bottom and keep it even. You want the wheel centered when done.

You'll want to increase the size of the whole slot, take a little off the top and bottom and keep it even. You want the wheel centered when done.
Yeah I’m just trying to figure out the best way to do that

Back