Build question on 29er

im getting ready to do a build and would like to use an Electra moto 3. It has 29" wheels but disk brakes on front and rear. I realize I will need to remove rear disk to mount the drive sprocket to wheel. It also has a 3 speed hub. Is there any reason I couldn't use this for a 2 stroke build. Space in the frame for motor, frame tube size ?

My son and I are doing these together and I want to build a sweet bike.

The other choice I had was a felt burner but it has coaster brakes only. Was a lot cheaper though.

I had 5 kids and worked with them on many projects (motorcycles, snowmobiles, pets, farm animals, gardens, treehouses, etc) .
They have gone on to great success and attribute many of there skills to the projects we worked on when they were kids.
The trailer my son and I built back in 1992 has finally rusted out. We hauled a lot of motorbikes and sleds with it along the way.
My daughters can change their own oil, brakes and tires, my boys can cook and work the washing machine. Good kids doing well.

I am a "hands off" mentor as much as I can be.
I like starting with cheap raw materiel so that it is no big crisis if they mess up.
Better to have a few chickens die than lose a beef cow, so we start with chickens. So be it with mechanical things.
What is learned by dad setting you up with the most perfectly reliable bike? Nothing.

Hard land grows tough soldiers, so it is with everything. The spoiled cannot solve problems.
Starting with a $20 used bike and a 2 stroke kit is a wonderful father and son experience.
Follow the instructions, let son do most of the wrenching, solve the problems along the way.
Learn to tune and maintain. These motors can be reliable and powerful if you apply ingenuity and attention to detail.
If something screws up, no problem.
Easy to replace what broke, you get a second chance. Something is learned.

Buying the best to start with teaches that money is more important than brains, without which, you have neither.
Better to start simple and achievable. Leave the complicated and expensive stuff for the second bike.

I'm going to explore the option of both but would like the opportunity to have the gears since the bike already has them. As well as keeping the brakes either way.

My son is doing his own build. This is the build that i am working on.

He just bought his own car and works 2 jobs. He has wanted to build one of these for a bit but had saved all his money for his car and now is ready. So he is going to do his and I am working on my own. We will share the experience learned from each and maybe ride together. And he is going the economic route with basic parts and stuff.

We have been doing mechanical things on all of our stuff for a while. He has his own lawn care and snow removal business as well as a 20 plus year old car. I am as excited about my build as he is his.

As far as I can see and IMHO, and correct me if I'm wrong, the six bolt flat sprocket is only useful where there is the possibility of using a rim brake (rim must have or be able to have a brake track) , and a jackshaft or offset motor mount is already required for fat tyre clearance.
I see neither fat tyres, nor suitable rim on the bike pictured in the original post. I'm assuming that the rim is disc brake specific, the frame is symmetrical, and the hub is most likely to be 135mm wide and have similar measurements as the ones I based my earlier little drawing on.
The chainline would only be straight if there's a top hat adapter to kick the rear of the chainline inwards, or a jackshaft to kick the front of the chainline out.

what would I need to attach sprocket and keep the rear brake ?
Top hat adapter, 6 longer bolts to replace the original rotor bolts, possibly a larger diameter rotor and corresponding caliper adapter, and a few washers to get the spacing correct on the caliper after mounting it to the outside face of the IS caliper mount tabs. Oh and a file to get the outer face of the tabs nicely faced.

Back