Build Specifications, the "Red Hornet"

Thanks Scootmeister, Yes i have built my first bike. Its a Schwinn cruiser with a 2 stroke. It was great fun and i am constantly tweeking it and trying diffrent things. I plan on another build. I call the Schwinn my test bike. My next build will be a Columbia.

Thanks, Modchris. It's been a work in progress. Now that it's done I can concentrate on building out my Stiletto Rat Bobber which has a lot more flexibility in choosing the style of the gas tank, the seat, and the size of wheels. I'm trying to decide if I'll customize a springer front end for it, and whether to use gears. I picked up a used Shimano 3-speed hub at a bike store that I could mate up with the 66cc Chinagirl. The bike has a chopper style front end with a BMX type goosekneck instead of a true triple tree. I'm thinking about taking the risers off of a Schwinn OCC and installing in place of the goosekneck for better steering control. I also have a set of Harley handlebar risers with the bars that I found in a junk store for $5 that would look good if they're not too big. Sometimes the possibilities boggle the mind, but they sure make this hobby fun!!!!

Back