Builder From West Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

304-Pedal-Cycles

Local time
4:35 PM
Hello my names Josh. I've always loved to build things. I recently got into building motorized Bicycles last year. I've always thought they are pretty cool and there and many different ways to build them and many mods that can be done so I've done alot of research and the more I researched the more I was intrigued. But... the real reason I started building is because my father has a disability so he's never really drove a vehicle but has been riding Bicycles for years. He's almost 43 now. We have discussed many times on getting him a motorcycle or building something of the sort. So... last summer I found an "LA Cycles Big Mo" and fell in love with it. I decided that I was gonna to build it for him and so the research began. Then I realized how many ppl have been doing this and researching parts and different ways to build, with a little imagination and spare time the bike is close to being done. So I'm here to talk to other builders and riders for advice and possibly make some friends along the way :)

Great having you aboard.There some great info here.I,m new to motorized bicycles, but not to
two & four stroke engines.But like anything just knowing engines does not mean you know
about these bikes & there problems.

I rely on these fokes a lot. So welcome Fly

"Fly"! Just posted pics of my Dads bike. It's my first build so check it out and tell me what you think. Pics are backwards tho so view them from them end to beginning. Thanks. :)

Those double chain tensioners you have could be a real headache. Make sure you have the mounting bolts real tight. Those kit tensioners have a tendency to pull into your spokes, they will bend spokes at a minimum, can break spokes, or even cause a serious accident if your up to speed when it happens. I drilled and tapped my brackets and added a set screw that bites into the frame, I still check the bolts for tightness weekly, along with motor mounts and muffler.

I might figure out another way to route the chain but if I can't because of clearance then I'll do what you said I'll drill, tap and possibly even weld the pullys. But As far as the motor goes I'm using a wide frame chopper mount so I think I'm gonna weld it to the frame. That way if I gotta take the mot or off all I have to do is disassemble and take out the engine mounting studs. Thanks for the advice tho man! It gave me something to think about. I don't want my Dad come off at 40 MPH because of something stupid. So thanks man!

I understand the clearance problem, I am building a fat tire mongoose beast. I won't have a tensioner on drive chain, I will have one on peddle chain. do away with one of them if you can. Welding them solid is your best option, You should do a test ride before you weld them, in case you need to move them. Chain alignment is very important for a good ride, and reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back