builder's corner?

G

gone_fishin

Cookie said:
...they want a tavern type of feel to the site the come on in an sit a spell type of place you want to come back to

...and the feeling we get when we do a build or help a newbee with a build (something a lot of us did not have ).

Cookie
how cool is that? thanks, Cookie :)

i posted a poll, because how we handle this is important to our community. everyone please participate.

http://www.motor-bicycles.com/viewtopic.php?t=399

S

Scottm

Daveinblith,

as what was already said on this forum we are all builders and tweekers some of us have full shops and some of us have a livingroom.

I have been on a lot of sites that are out there for these bikes and some of the sites have gone belly up like the skyhawk site and not for lack of interest

There is one site I go to a lot and if I have a bad ?? I go to the bike gods there for help those guys can figure out just about how to make these things fly and you should see the wood work they do for the traditional board bikes look .

I always come back to this site even though it takes me 5 x's to sign in and I have to fight the puter about it ......we googel each others rides we swap war stories and help each other out and I have some friends here that I can BS with and even argue politics with the guys on the other board kinda hibernate in the winter so I am hanging out here a little more.

Your bikes are cool and it is great you have a shop to work in and I am sure we can pick your brains:).

Unlike some sites Tom and Augie do not want to have an ELEATIST site like some of the sites I visit they want a tavern type of feel to the site the come on in an sit a spell type of place you want to come back to. We all can rember the first time your crank the motor over and it sputtered and started and ur butt slid a little, or the first time you goose the bike and she runs like a scalded dog the first time you get out on the road and the heart racing a mile a min. and relising no matter how mad you are when you get on the bike when you get off you have a big smile on ur face and ur body tingels we share all those feelings even now and the feeling we get when we do a build or help a newbee with a build (something a lot of us did not have ).

Cookie
This is possibly one of the best posts on the site. I can't figure out what makes me smile so much, and why I'm brokenhearted when it breaks. I enjoy knowing everyone here has dealt with the same things. My skills at customizing would be a decal of a flame attached to my tank so I enjoy drooling over the customs some of you talented guys and gals can build.:)

J

Jim H

If not for this site, I'd have long ago packed it in on a motored bike. This is where all the info I was lacking came to light and I'm still learning and will continue to do so. It's almost like being invited over to someones house the things that are shared here... and I must remember to conduct myself as a a gentleman when I'm in this house. Thanks all.

L

Large Filipino

Man,without this site,I am utterly alone in this bike building craze,for everyone that see's me just want to ride my bike and think it's indestructable. My bike would be a failure without this site.
This site has seriously saved my life. It's been an otherwise very bad year.

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!