Building a 4-stroke bicycle

Hi everyone. I'm looking to upgrade my output sprocket on my 4G transmission.

Any tips on removing the output sprocket?

I see this bolt looks like it wants to strip the moment I put a tool on it.

20240504_001154.jpg

Yeah. I work on cars as a side gig of mine. I have all the proper tools. I just wanted to reach out to you guys before I attempted to remove it.

Just in-case I might be overlooking something.

I have the torx sockets from 1/4 and up.

I don't think I have the Allen sockets though. Just the Allen keys.

Yeah. I work on cars as a side gig of mine. I have all the proper tools. I just wanted to reach out to you guys before I attempted to remove it.

Just in-case I might be overlooking something.

I have the torx sockets from 1/4 and up.

I don't think I have the Allen sockets though. Just the Allen keys.
Yea those Allen sockets are cool, I think you can still get at it with a key. Or pull the engine off the bike, or just the transmission.

Anyone have any trouble with: https://www.staton-inc.com/store/

When ever I try to buy the output sprocket, and put in my payment information. I always get a message about a failed payment gateway. I tried different payment options. Double checked my fields, but I always get the same message no matter what I try.

Anyone have any trouble with: https://www.staton-inc.com/store/

When ever I try to buy the output sprocket, and put in my payment information. I always get a message about a failed payment gateway. I tried different payment options. Double checked my fields, but I always get the same message no matter what I try.
Try calling them. I've dealt with them for many years. The company has been around since 1983.

Are you running one of these?
I bought one off Amazon ca a while back, such a deal for well under 300 CDN all in, I couldn't resist it.
I'm slowly putting it together.

The motor mount is crazy heavy. Two cast iron brackets with a heavy plate that the motor bolts to. Must weigh 7 lbs or so.
I'm planning to cast one out of aluminum. All the money I've spent on casting equipment I could have bought a bullet proof billet one or two.

Way more fun making my own. I'll make a post once the weather gets better.
It’s a great engine. I’m two years in and only really had to adjust valves and keep the oil changed regularly.

Attachments

• IMG_5925.jpeg
    IMG_5925.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 16
Back