Building a 4-stroke bicycle

Well if you are planning on a belt drive transmission for the gx50 or the 142f. I would buy a grubee 4G trans. Either of them engines are good.
Well I run a four-stroke and it is on a mountain bike now mine is chained to chain drive However you can get belt to chain drive and I've had both the only reason i have the chain drive right now is because of the price i couldn't afford the belt to chain even though there's not that big price difference. I got mine off of eBay and I'm not had any trouble with it.

@michael whiteman
On the Hausheng engine I might get one from grubee website.

1. What kind of realistic speeds could I expect?
2. Are they reliable?
3. Are parts readily available?
4. What should I look out for?
@michael whiteman
Did you see the response questions on page 5?
As far as I know engine parts are the same as any other clone as long as you don't have to replace any major internal parts. They are decently reliable, no less than any other clone engine. The worst problems you are gonna run into is likely gonna be a gummed up carb every couple months. The speed all depends on gearing, but around 25 to 30mph is reasonable. And all I would say to look out for is to make sure it isn't an older model as they might develop a bottom end knock. Michael could likely tell ya more, but that's the basics of it.

Okay I see.
On grubee website if you get the Skyhawks 4 stroke engine. Their are several transmission with each install kit.
1A or 1B ect. What's the difference?

Okay I see.
On grubee website if you get the Skyhawks 4 stroke engine. Their are several transmission with each install kit.
1A or 1B ect. What's the difference?
Oh, where you asking about the transmissions? Sorry if I got what you were asking mixed up. Could you post links to what you're looking at?

No you answered the original question. This question was just separate. I noticed on grubee website their where different transmissions depending on the kit you buy.

4G-1A

4G-1B

No you answered the original question. This question was just separate. I noticed on grubee website their where different transmissions depending on the kit you buy.

4G-1A

4G-1B
From reading the description those are both for engines with a built in clutch. The only difference I read is the first is for a single speed bike and the second is for a multi speed bike

Ya gotta remember these are Chinese guys trying to explain their product in English. Something seems to get lost in the translation or they don't tell us the critical info we need. Now you can cut out a template 11 1/4 wide by 13 3/4 high and head out lookin' for a bike.

Go back and look at the chart on post #19. My bike is listed on the fifth line down. Unless you use something other than a 44T on the wheel, your bike will be the same as mine.

Ya gotta remember these are Chinese guys trying to explain their product in English. Something seems to get lost in the translation or they don't tell us the critical info we need. Now you can cut out a template 11 1/4 wide by 13 3/4 high and head out lookin' for a bike.

Go back and look at the chart on post #19. My bike is listed on the fifth line down. Unless you use something other than a 44T on the wheel, your bike will be the same as mine.
Grubee is actually an American based company. Their products are made in China, but the product descriptions were written by someone who speaks English.

Sorry Gordy on my statement above I did not reference a post on page 5. I'm really not sure how to do that. Give me a call and walk me through that sometime. I realize GruBee is in Okalahoma and he has everything made in China. I think Don has a much tighter handle on quality control than other sellers who don't regard their reputation as much

Back