building a pocketbike pushtrailer.

RMWdave

Local time
4:37 PM
been wanting a push trailer for a while now, and the pocketbike cag style engine would be a great powerplant i figured. the rebuild parts are easy to get, there are tonnes of performance parts, and the engines are high performance compared to the HT in frame engine i call a commuter right now. i could have went and ruined my brand new $400 norco by bolting the engine in the frame with a shift kit (and potentially destroyed the bike) or i could cut up my incomplete pocket bike build up. i chose the latter.

basically all you need for the push trailer of this design is a working pocketbike and a small amount of welding for the trailer hitch. you can gear it as high as possible with a 9t pinion gear and a 47t wheel gear. should get a speed of about 50kmh with that.

you need to cut the frame of teh pocket bike up so you have what you see in the pictures ill post tomorrow, and then do a bit of welding to make the frame.

like i said, ill have some pics up tomorrow! the exhaust over the rear wheel looks sick its like this is the ultimate 2 stroke pusher lol

I built one out of a pocket bike and have been very happy with it. I didn't have to do any welding. I haven't had any problems at all out of the bike I did have to add some weight to the back for traction because it kept wanting to bounce under heavy throttle. The added weight solved my problem.

A pocketbike pusher is a great idea. If you get the working bike frame, and engine + drivetrain, half your work is already done.

I used a pocketbike wheel on my trailer, but used my own engine and clutch, and custom frame, and it was a lot of work, but well worth it.

IMO a minibike or pocket bike would make things easier than building from scratch.

Back