Building LED turn signals

Status
Not open for further replies.
just make sure that when you first test it you are a distance away when you make it hot.... otherwise your eardrums could be ringing for days just like mine...

Wiring up the front signals should be as easy as adding a couple more wires in parallel configuration to the rear signal wires and running the cords to the front of the bike. The most difficult part will be finding a good place to attach the signals on the front of a bike. Cant wait to see what you guys come up with.

I have a few ideas...I guess I've got to tone down the purchases a bit though, it's starting to add up...
"But Honey, now I can bike to work and save $7 in gas per day!"
"I need those signal lights, so people can see me at night!"
"That clutch will help me start faster"
"Those tires will keep me safer in the winter"
"That ultra loud motorcycle horn will make me more noticable"
"Here's some money, go get some shoes"

I like the last one, a little bribery always works with the ladyfolk. And yes it does add up very quickly just as any hobby will. The good thing is after you've made a bunch of purchases and swapped things around between a few MB's you find yourself going back to your box of random odds and ends a lot so the purchases actually get less and less with time.

That's true. I've got so many nuts and bolts now, I may never need to buy another one! Plus, I can dremel anything out of a piece of metal if I need to!

for the last 5 years all have gotten for xmas has been home depot gift cards, so i had shelves of tools i had never used until i started putting electric and gas motors on my bikes. Since i am still waiting on connectors and other parts to show up for my lights, i have been making a homemade attachment for the kiddie trailer, the original is on my wifes bike.

Using a heavy duty right angle tie and a threaded steel concrete anchor, seems like it is going to work, had to bring out the heavy duty angle grinder for that, which was a $10 wal-mart steal, i spend way too much time in the clearance alises....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back