Bullet train chain tensioner

trent kelly

Local time
5:00 AM
IMG_1183.PNG
will this chain tensioner fit the bullet train 66cc drive sprocket cover if not does anyone have an idea of something else other than the stock tensioner or something like it I always have to mess with the stock tensioner

There's loads of alternatives to the stock tensioner.
I don't like the idea of those sprung tensioner things. Near the engine too, which is technically the wrong place for it. I like the arch tensioner but you can make something like it if you want to. I had to because I don't want to pay to ship it over from the USA. I used mountain bike parts, and I enjoyed the small achievement of adapting things to my purposes; but I think the arch tensioner is the best ready made universal fit tensioner. :)

Does the wheel move from the bolt coming loose due to vibration because mine on the stock tensioner did

I put one on this build but I think I don't even need it. I made a custom bracket for it. I have built a couple bikes without them.
Here is a video below, you can pause it when it shows it and maybe see what I did.

You'll struggle to install a sprin g thnat has enough tension to actually do anything worthwhile.

Back