Bullet Train Engine Experience?

SEGACDX

Local time
2:25 AM
Hey guy's, I've been working on car's and motorcycles for a few years after starting on those 66CC china girl engines. I've mostly given up on them.

Tried a rebuild from hell on some badly made engines after my first one broke a few years ago and just never could get it running like the original, which had decent power and was a champ for years after many rebuilds, the bottom crank pin shattered and don't have a press to install a new one but still and over all good time.

I'm not going to go into the overall detail but I did all the normal stuff to this rebuild a year or so ago many times over but just does not work well even with all the mechanical knowledge on these boy's I've got into over the years.

I was thinking maybe someday when the price comes down on the bullet train engines to give it a go, they seem really solid and decently powerful. The problem is there is limited info on peoples experience with them other than a few videos and such so I am wondering if anyone has one and has ran it for a few years with good standing.

Hope you guys have some good things to say about them but really the problems are also important, it's a curiosity at this point but I have fond memory of riding mine on and off road and would like to build a real banger with good power sometime.

WOW! Why not use a 4 stroke and be happy? Welcome to the 21st century.

WOW! Why not use a 4 stroke and be happy? Welcome to the 21st century.

I know right? To bad the 4 stroke options for motorized bikes are so poor, what I like about the BT is the Electric starter, the proper magneto and the automatic centrifugal clutch in an oil bath. You can run a proper headlight off it, charge a battery and even add turn signals with a relay. It's cheaper and seems better than the 4 stroke options sadly. If I didn't have to do a custom job to get a decent 4 stroke like a pit bike engine with gears I'd do it.

I'd love to get a motoped but spending 2-4K on a frame with no engine is a bit high for me, I do own a decent Lifan 140CC engine but still the price is much to high.

Last edited:
You have a link to that BT engine? I'm curious, is it some thing new?

All kinds of 4 strokes out there. 25cc, 35cc, 49cc, 79cc, 98cc, honda 100cc, 212cc etc..

Cool, a whole new animal there. Hook it up to a rechargeable 12v and your good to go. Problem is how long will the charge on the battery last for starting? 5 maybe 6 times[?], then you run your lights off of the battery that's more drain. Some small marine batts go along way of powering stuff.

Cool, a whole new animal there. Hook it up to a rechargeable 12v and your good to go. Problem is how long will the charge on the battery last for starting? 5 maybe 6 times[?], then you run your lights off of the battery that's more drain. Some small marine batts go along way of powering stuff.
I mean looking at the manual and looking at the magneto it looks similar to anything on scooters or dirt bikes, has a proper charging circuit like any other small motorcycle so it should be more than fine to charge the battery. It's got 6 coils of decent size too. The manual can be found here with a basic parts break down.

What specs on the magneto output? To charge a 12v battery you need 13.5v to 14v output to charge it. Also you need amperage. Trickle chargers are at least 1 to 1.5 amps that I've seen/owned. That's a nice looking motor there, casting, wiring looks good. Doesn't look shoddy at all.

Back